Island Peak Climbing
Expedition in Nepal is truly a unique experience as it offers a lot of adventurous peak climbing as such the Island Peak Expedition. The peak is stunningly located in the middle of the Chukhung valley, like an island on a sea of ice. Your expedition in Nepal will be perfectly complemented by the Island Peak Expedition. This peak climbing offers an exceptional opportunity to climb a Himalayan Summit 6173m, along with an exciting trek to the Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar. However, the biggest challenge is the mixed rock and the ice wall at a slope of around 45 degrees leading to the narrow summit ridge.
The rewards for all the efforts put in are the magnificent views from the summit. Before climbing the Island Peak, you have to trek up to the Dudh Koshi Valley from Lukla, passing through Namche and Tengboche on the way to Kala Patthar and Everest Base Camp. After acclimatizing, you can head towards the Island Peak via the ever running Imja River. The sights of Sherpa villages and serene monasteries will relax your mental/physical stress. This peak climbing provides the most unique experience if it is done during March to May or September to December. So, are you ready to take your expedition to the next level with Island Peak in Nepal?
- Day 1 : Kathmandu 1350m.
- Day 2 : Fly to Lukla & Trek to Phakding 2610m
- Day 3 : Phakding to Namche 3440m
- Day 4 : Rest day in Namche 3440m.
- Day 5 : Namche to Tengboche 3860m.
- Day 6 : Tengboche to Dingboche 4410 m.
- Day 7 : Rest day- Exploration in Dingboche 4410m
- Day 8 : Dingboche to Lobuche 4910 m
- Day 9 : Lobuche to Base camp and back to Gorakshep 5140m.
- Day 10 : Hike up to Kalapatthar back to Dingboche 4410m.
- Day 11 : Dingboche to Chukhung 4730m
- Day 12 : Chukhung to Base Camp 5150m.
- Day 13 : Base Camp to High Camp 5600m.
- Day 14 : Submit Island peak 6189m. and get back to Base Camp
- Day 15 : Base Camp to Dingboche 4110m.
- Day 16 : Dingboche to Namche 3440m.
- Day 17 : Namche to Lukla 2840m.
- Day 18 : Fly back to Kathmandu 1350m.
- Day 19 : Kathmandu 1350m.
- Day 20 : Fly back Home.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle and all other domestic transports as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel with twin sharing BB plan rooms.
- Accommodation in tea house runs by local people during trek.
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Experience license holder trekking guide and porters.
- Accommodation, food, salary, insurance and transportation of the staffs
- Excess baggage to & from Lukla with domestic airport taxes
- Group first aid and medical kit.
- Climbing guide
- Camping equipment and staffs while climbing
- All necessary paper works, trekking and climbing permits
- Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu air fare.
- Tip to guides, porters and drivers. (Minimum 10% of the whole trip cost) according to the company rule.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa fee, international air fare and entrance fees at the attraction places during sightseeing tour.
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike, etc.
- Personal trekking and climbing gears, sleeping bags, down jackets, etc.
- Travel and emergency evacuation insurance of clients. Clients must have insured emergency evacuation.
Day 1 Kathmandu 1350m.
Lhasso Adventure’s representative will pick you up from Tribhuvan International Airport on your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal and transport you to our hotel. You will have some down time to rest, have showers and eat. This evening you will meet our guides for a thorough briefing over our Island Peak Climbing itinerary.
Day 2 Fly to Lukla & Trek to Phakding 2610m
One of the exciting and impressive flights in Nepal is to Lukla. After we get there, we will meet the team and begin trek. It is approximately three and half hours walk to Phakding.
Day 3 Phakding to Namche 3440m
Today will be six to seven hours of trek. We will ascend steeply to Namche, passing through suspension bridge, towards the Monjo and Jorsale villages. You will see first glimpse of Mount Everest before getting to Namche. Namche is very famous for the Sherpa culture. As you reach there, you will find many shops and tea houses.
Day 4 Rest day in Namche 3440m.
Namche is an interesting place to discover. Hiking to the Everest view point and museum, will help you to acclimatize and it offers stunning views of Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lhotse and Everest.
Day 5 Namche to Tengboche 3860m.
Today’s walk will be six hours via rhododendron forest and suspension bridge, before getting to Tengboche. You will approximately need to walk steep accent for three hours. As you reach there, you will see the Tengboche monastery, which is the biggest monastery in the Khumbu region and was built in 1923. The local climbers, before heading to Everest expedition, do big rituals ceremony to have a successful expedition.
Day 6 Tengboche to Dingboche 4410 m.
First, you will descend to Debuche then ascend to Dingnboche. It takes more or less six hours. We will pass through the beautiful carvings on the main stones and, a traditional Sherpa village, Pangboche. Along the way, you will get the gorgeous glimpse of Mt. Lhotse, Island Peak, and Mt. Ama Dablam. However, the weather changes dramatically in this circumstance.
Day 7 Rest day- Exploration in Dingboche 4410m
Today is another day for acclimatization. Many trekkers hike to the Chukhung (4710m.) Valley for adopting altitude. Explore around dingboche and adore stunning view of the Iceland peak and Lhotse south face along the way.
Day 8 Dingboche to Lobuche 4910 m
Today’s walk will be of four hours, where the trail almost accents to the Lobuche. We move ahead and pass by stone memorials of climbers who passed away during the Everest expeditions. As you get on the Thukla top, you will be welcomed by the Lobuche peak. Lobuche is a small settlement and has few teahouses. From this pont, trekkers get altitude sickness very rarely.
Day 9 Lobuche to Base camp and back to Gorakshep 5140m.
Today your dream changing in to the reality, this is the great opportunity to get close of the mount Everest. You are only allowed to go the Everest rock with out climbing permit. as you reach there you can see the camps and people, who going to attempt the submit as well as Khumbu icefall also it is known as popcorn icefall, and get back to Gorak shep.
Day 10 Hike up to Kalapatthar back to Dingboche 4410m.
Early morning hike up to Kalapattar(5550m.) you can see first sun light on mount Everest(8848m.) form Kalapatthar magnificent view of Nuptse, Pumori, Chagatse, Lhotse and countless others, and get back to teahouse then heading to Dingboche.
Day 11 Dingboche to Chukhung 4730m
Today, we have an easy walk for about 2 hours, climbing up gradually to the small settlement of Chukhung. Along the way we have great views of Island Peak and the challenge that awaits us.
Day 12 Chukhung to Base Camp 5150m.
Another easy day, the trail crosses the river and follows the valley for approx 3 hours, passing beneath the magnificent south face of Lhotse. Base camp is by the side of the Imja glacier, below steep grassy slopes which mark the start of the climb on Island Peak.
Day 13 Base Camp to High Camp 5600m.
we ascend a little further to high camp where we will relax and make final preparations for our climb tomorrow.
Day 14 Submit Island peak 6189m. and get back to Base Camp
Crossing the gully above the camp the trail makes a climb for another hour to a narrow ridge, leading on to the glacier. Here it is time to rope-up and put on our crampons as the most interesting part of the climb begins with the glacier crossing. This is followed by the steep snow slope that leads onto the summit ridge. This ridge is wonderfully airy and on reaching the summit we have stunning close-up views of the south face of Lhotse looming over us whilst in the other direction, there are more dramatic mountain views. We descend along the same route, down to base camp.
Day 15 Base Camp to Dingboche 4110m.
After descending along the trail to Chukhung, we continue on to Dingboche , we will spend over night here.
Day 16 Dingboche to Namche 3440m.
This will be long day around eight hours but because of loosening elevation will be easy. Same way getting back to Namache.
Day 17 Namche to Lukla 2840m.
We are going back to Lukla along Dudh Koshi, Jorsale, Monjo and Phakding. And exiting out of the Everest national park. This is the last night you can share your memories, happiness and calibration with team, next day will not see them.
Day 18 Fly back to Kathmandu 1350m.
Early morning good bye to crew and fly to Kathmandu.
Day 19 Kathmandu 1350m.
Free or additional day if the flight had been canceled Lukla – Kathmandu
Day 20 Fly back Home.
Today is the final day of your Island Peak Climbing Trip. Our shuttle driver will come to your hotel 3 hours before your flight departure and deliver you to Tribhuvan International Airport. If you are remaining in Nepal, please let us know. We will be delighted to arrange extra activities for you in Nepal.
- Trip Grade : Hard
- Max Altitude : 6189m
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- No of Trip Days: 20
- Group Size : 2-12
- Walking Per Day : 5-8
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house and Camping
- Best Season : September-December / March-May.
- Entry : Lukla
- Exit : Lukla
What Our Client's Say
I cannot speak highly enough of Jeevan and his team of guides and porters. The team guided our whole family on a great trek of the western half of the Annapurna circuit culminating in a day trek to ThRead More
I have just spent a wonderful 23 days with these guys. I would highly recommend them to everyone. I have never been met at Kathmandu airport by such a large and happy smile thanks "Jeevan".Read More