Travel Visa, Permit and Documents in Tibet
All the foreigners except the citizens of China, Hong Kong and Macau, are requires to obtain visa and special permit before travelling to Tibet. In addition to the visa, it is necessary to obtain an aliens travel permit also known as “Tibet Travel Permit” for travelling in Tibet.
There are overall for documents required for foreign tourists who want to travel Tibet which includes:
- All who intend to enter Tibet must hold at least 6 months valid passport.
- Chinese Visa, which you can apply for in Chinese Embassy in your country. However, if you enter Tibet from Nepal, no China Visa but Tibet Group Visa is needed.
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) should be obtained to enter Tibet.
- Alien’s Travel Permit (PSB) is required when you plan to travel to the ‘unopened areas’ in Tibet.
- Military Permit, Foreign Affairs permit etc. is required to travel to some military sensitive areas.