Tamang Heritage Trek
‘on off the beaten trail around Tamang villages enriched with colorful culture and old traditions’
- On high hills of Langtang Himal covered within enchanting forest of rhododendron trees.
- Walk from low warm areas to cooler alpine green hills with amazing views of peaks.
- Explore impressive Tamang heritage villages enriched with age-old culture of Buddhist religion.
- Panorama of Himalaya mountains with exciting times on scenic walks around Langtang areas.
- Walk in the country of elusive and endangered Red-Panda within serene woodland.
- Start and end with exiting and scenic overland from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi-Kathmandu.
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking, a pleasant and cultural holiday on the laps of massive Langtang and Ganesh Himal range of mountains, one of the closest mountain range from the capital Kathmandu will be a great holiday for all types of people, especially to family, school / collage groups and interest travelers.
Tamang Heritage Trail trekking leads you in the heart of Tamang country at Rasuwa district within Langtang Himal and close to Tibet border of Kyirong frontier, which were an old Trans-Himalaya Salt Trade route and Caravan trail, at present the only place to reach Tibet on overland journey.
A fascinating country to visit on this wonderful Tamang Heritage Trail trekking which takes you into impressive Tamang people full of active farm life and domestic animals herding and breeding the old traditional way, Tamang hill people of Nepal Himalaya who have migrated and settled nearly thousands of years from inner Mongolia and Tibet.
As they found home in the high mountains and hills of Nepal Himalaya bringing with them age-old heritage and custom interwoven with Buddhism religion and as well with ancient Bon sect practice worshipping nature and mountain spirits, where word Ta means Horse, as they were cavalry soldiers and horseman past thousands of years before changing their occupation as farmers and skilled in arts and woodworks.
Starting this wonderful journey of less than a week time frame, with drive from Kathmandu towards North at Rasuwa district within Langtang Himal range, and then heading into hidden trails where few trekkers seldom explore this beautiful region.
As walk progress entering into Tamang villages where you will be greeted and welcomed in traditional way of Buddhism with silk scarf (Khada) and local brew (Chang) and then witness the colorful life and culture around Tamang villages visiting its old impressive monasteries and scenic places.
After visiting each areas on Tamang Heritage Trail where walks leads into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-oaks and pines with super views of central Himalaya then heading back at road-head for exciting drive back to Kathmandu, with awesome time and experience on Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : Drive to Syabrubesi by jeep 1,462 m / 4,795ft - 07 hrs.
- Day 3 : Trek Syabrubesi to Gatlang 2,238 m / 7,340 ft - 05 hrs.
- Day 4 : Trek Gatlang to Tatopani 2,607m / 8,550ft - 06 hrs.
- Day 5 : Trek Tatopani to Nagthali 3,156 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 6 : Trek Nagthali to Thuman 2,400 m and drive to Syabrubesi - 05 hrs.
- Day 7 : Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
- Day 8 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private/local.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu three star hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on trek.
- Experienced trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter.
- All necessary documents and trekking permits.
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport, received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Drive to Syabrubesi by jeep 1,462 m / 4,795ft - 07 hrs.
Morning taking a jeep for overland journey towards high Langtang Himal area at Rasuwa district, as drive leads beyond Kathmandu valley heading low warmer of Trisuli Bazaar, a nice town of Nuwakot areas, as drive continues on mountain highway past farm villages and town then towards cooler Dhunche town at above 1,950 m high, where Langtang National Park starts from this town.
From Dhunche descend on zig-zag winding road to reach our overnight stop at Syabrubesi village populated by Tamang people with interesting Buddhist culture, at Syabrubesi checking into best available lodge for overnight stay.
Day 3 Trek Syabrubesi to Gatlang 2,238 m / 7,340 ft - 05 hrs.
First day walk starts heading west direction, taking an old trekking route to Gatlang away from the main road, walk leads through scattered farm areas of Tamang, walk leads to gentle climb to reach a large Tamang village at Gatlang for overnight stop, on arrival greeted with warm welcome, then transfer to local home-stay for overnight stay, with time exploring the villages and to interact with the locals.
Day 4 Trek Gatlang to Tatopani 2,607m / 8,550ft - 06 hrs.
Morning starts with grand views of Ganesh and Langtang peaks towards north and of Tibet Mountains, as our walk continues with slow uphill past small farm villages into alpine woodlands to reach at Tatopani for overnight stop. Afternoon visit hot springs ‘Tatopani’ means hot water rising from fresh natural spring here with time for a dip in the hot spring pool and short walk around villages.
Day 5 Trek Tatopani to Nagthali 3,156 m - 04 hrs.
Today a short half day walk leads near at Tibet border on the trail to Nagthali, where morning walks follows north direction on gradual path and then with uphill walk most of the day, but with few downhill offers grand views of Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung and walking through forested area and passing a moderate size village of Nagthali for overnight stop on the highest village of the journey. At this nice remote farm village enjoy exploring around this scenic country with time to interact and observe local impressive cultures.
Day 6 Trek Nagthali to Thuman 2,400 m and drive to Syabrubesi - 05 hrs.
From Nagthali where our walk ends today as few hours walk takes you at Thuman another interesting Tamang farm village, with time to enjoy around before a short drive back to Syaburbesi for last overnight around Tamang country within Rasuwa district around Langtang Himal.
Day 7 Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Morning after breakfast travel overland to reach Kathmandu taking about 5-6 hours with interesting and exciting drive through Nepal country-side with many farm villages and towns.
Shortly after leaving the Trisuli Town behind on winding downhill to reach at valley rim and then back into hustle and bustle city life of Kathmandu.
Day 8 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Tamang Heritage Trail Trek with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for homeward bound or to your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Write a Review
- Trip Code : #Langtang3
- Trip Grade : Moderate with Ups and Down Hill Walks.
- Max Altitude : At Nagthali 3,156 m high.
- Min Altitude : 1350m.
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 08 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-10
- Walking Per Day : 5-6 Hrs.
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house
- Accomodation: On Hotels and Lodge or Home Stay on walks.
- Best Season : Nearly all seasons of the year except wet monsoon months (June to August) March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear views of mountains.
- Entry : Syabrubesi
- Exit : Syabrubesi