Mera Peak Climbing
‘adventure within east of Khumbu and south of Everest around hidden Inkhu valley’
- Adventure on top classic and stunning Mera Peak within scenic and beautiful Inkhu valley Visiting both scenic sides of Khumbu separated by high ridges of Naulekh and Kalo Himal.
- Walk into Inkhu valley covered with dense rhododendron-magnolia-pines and birch trees.
- Enjoy panorama of worlds four highest mountains from on top Mera Peak summit.
- Scenic, sweeping flights to and from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu with super mountain views.
- Walking into lovely cultural Sherpa villages adorned with prayer walls and spinning bells.
- Views of high mountains on daily walks to Mera Peak within arctic zone of rocks and moraine.
- From green alpine woodland to arctic zone of ice and glaciers at Mera Peak base camp.
- On top scenic Mera Peak Summit facing stunning views of surrounding high peaks with Everest.
Mera Peak Climbing an adventure on one of the most highest trekking peaks of Nepal at an altitude 6,461 m / 21, 907 ft high, offers you with incredible panorama of mountains behind your imagination.
Mera Peak Climb probably the shortest duration adventure of less than two week time frame where you can enjoy tremendous high altitude climb in the harmony of pristine natural surrounding away from mass flow of trekkers.
Our route to Mera Peak Climbing leads towards hidden corners of eastern Khumbu and south of Mt. Everest closer towards Makalu and Baruntse Himal on off the beat trail, where you will have glorious time within complete wilderness of high mountains and glaciers.
Mera Peak Climb a straight-forward to reach its high summit of less technical efforts, however one must be well geared with proper equipment as per your guides suggestions, the climb grade we have set as F which means ‘Facial Easy’ or facing easy climb which is walking on a ridge slopes of ice and snow.
The grade comes from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification Systems as used world-wide for this type of alpine climb, although easy but leads you climb with enough pre-caution having snow-gaiters, crampons and ice axe to tackle the slippery sections especially on descend after a vigorous climb to the top.
Adventure to Mera Peak Climbing begins with short flight to Lukla airport, and then heading due north east away from town and villages with strenuous climb above Kalo Himal and Naulekh rocky ridge hill traversing over few passes of Zatwar-la and Zatwar-Og at 4, 500 m to reach hidden areas around Inkhu valley.
After walking through forested areas to reach arctic zone of ice-moraine and glaciers at Mera Peak base and high camp, with acclimatization days then heading for the Big haul to the summit of Mera Peak facing spectacular panorama of high peaks from Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam, Baruntse, Makalu as far towards Kanchenjunga range.
Having accomplished great walk and climb return journey on the same route back to Lukla with scenic flight to reach in the hustle and bustle city life of Kathmandu, after an adventure and great experience on Mera Peak Climb.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : Fly to Lukla 2,820m (35 min) and trek to Chuttanga 3,215 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 3 : Trek to Chattre or Thuli Kharka 4,100 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 4 : Trek to Kothe or Mousum Kharka 3,691 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 5 : Trek to Thaknak 4,358 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 6 : Trek to Khare at Mera base camp 5,045 m / 16,486 ft -05 hrs.
- Day 7 : Rest day for acclimatization and practice climb.
- Day 8 : Trek and climb to Mera High Camp 5,780 m / 18,958 ft -04 hrs.
- Day 9 : Climb on to Mera Peak Summit at 6,461 m / 21, 907 ft - 08 hrs.
- Day 10 : Spare and reserve as contingency day.
- Day 11 : Trek to Kothe 3,600 m or Mousum Kharka 3,691 m-06 hrs.
- Day 12 : Trek to Thuli Kharka 4,300 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 13 : Trek to Lukla via Zatrwa La Pass -07 hrs.
- Day 14 : Fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotel.
- Day 15 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private/local.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu three star hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter.
- All necessary paper and trekking permits.
- Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu air fare.
- Climbing guide, equipment and staff.
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- Personal climbing equipment
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport, received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Fly to Lukla 2,820m (35 min) and trek to Chuttanga 3,215 m - 04 hrs.
Early morning departure from hotel to Kathmandu domestic airport for exciting and scenic flight of 35 minutes to land at Lukla, a Sherpa town where all treks and adventure starts and ends around Everest and high Khumbu region.
From Lukla a gradual walks to begin with short downs and ups and then on winding trail past nice farm villages of Sherpa enriched with Buddhism religion and culture as you encounter rows of Mani (prayer)monuments and large spinning bells.
Slowly our pleasant first day walks completes reaching beyond Lukla into remote east of Khumbu around Yak grazing area at Chuttanga covered with lovely woodland of tall Rhododendron, magnolia and pine trees with first overnight in tents includes all camping facilities of different kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff, climbing guides and strong porters.
Day 3 Trek to Chattre or Thuli Kharka 4,100 m - 06 hrs.
From Chuttanga morning starts to a climb over Kalo Himal ridge line of Nau-Lekh high rocky range, which separates Khumbu and Inkhu valley and beyond further east towards Barun and Makalu area.
With tough climb reaching high above 4,450 m at Zatrwa Og, walk over to cross Zatrwa-La at 4,600 meters, with views of Dudh Kosi River valley with Karyolung and Lumding Himal, and then descend to camp at Chattre or further to Thuli Kharka around Yak grazing summer pasture area.a
Day 4 Trek to Kothe or Mousum Kharka 3,691 m - 06 hrs.
Morning walks on gradual descend facing views of Peak 43 and Kusum Kanguru peaks, then reaching at Inkhu valley, on the least visited by trekkers and adventurer with views of Mera South Face Peak, as walk continues into dense rhododendron and pine trees forest to a grazing area at Kothe or at Mosum Kharka for overnight camp.
Day 5 Trek to Thaknak 4,358 m - 05 hrs.
Adventure leads further north east on leaving tree lines with green vegetation behind, as walk progress to reach a wide open valley around grazing open land with scattered cattle herders shades at Gondishung located above 4,350 m close to our overnight stop at Thaknak.
Gondishung an interesting place with 200 years or older small Gompa (monastery or shrine), from here trek continues for another hour to reach at overnight stop in Thaknak, a temporary settlement with few huts and shades serving as lodge and tea house.
A perfect place for overnight stop before heading towards high Mera Peak base camp, this place offers several high hills for best views of surrounding mountains and valley.
Day 6 Trek to Khare at Mera base camp 5,045 m / 16,486 ft -05 hrs.
After Thaknak with pleasant overnight stop, morning leads to moderate walks for few hours and then climb over moraine, damming Charpatti Tal (lake), that leads to a high area lined with rocks and cairns and small glacial lake, from here climb for a while and down downhill walk to Dig Kharka, and over boulder strewn hillside to Khare at Mera Base Camp after a good walk of four to five hours, with afternoon free at leisure.
Day 7 Rest day for acclimatization and practice climb.
At Khare or Mera base camp a free day for proper acclimatization as well practice climb on rocks and snow to add more exercise activities for the long haul and climb on top Mera Peak, one of the highest trekking peaks of Nepal Himalaya.
Day 8 Trek and climb to Mera High Camp 5,780 m / 18,958 ft -04 hrs.
From base camp adding one more camps make climb much safer and approachable, morning walk follows route across Mera la to reach at Mera High Camp around tranquil surrounding, where afternoon free for full preparation for next very early morning climb to the top of Mera Peak.
On this day our expert guide will scout the area of best possible and safe routes to make the climbing much safe by fixing ropes in necessary sections to safe guard from incidental accidents.
Day 9 Climb on to Mera Peak Summit at 6,461 m / 21, 907 ft - 08 hrs.
Final day of our adventure, starting very early before crack of dawn, following our guides with long and steady climb, as Mera Peak of less technical effort, as route leads to straightforward climb, however safety measures are taken as well equipped with crampons, ice axe, helmets including your positive attitude and determination.
After a vigorous climb finally reaching on top Mera Peak summit rewards you with fantastic panorama with Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, and Mt. Cho- Oyu with views of
Mt. Kanchenjunga in the east includes series of peaks.
Feeling high and in great spirit descend back to base camp using same route after feeling tired and exhausted but in happy mood after achieving success on Mera peak climb.
Day 10 Spare and reserve as contingency day.
We have reserved extra day for this classic climb, where Himalayan bad weather might obstructs with our programs and schedule itinerary days. To be safe an extra contingency or reserve day to accommodate the safe climb if weather is a problem. Where with extra day will help and support to achieve successful climb on top Mera Peak.
If all goes well this spare day to be used with easy walk on route to Lukla with more leisure day in between making the day walks a little shorter.
Day 11 Trek to Kothe 3,600 m or Mousum Kharka 3,691 m-06 hrs.
After a great glorious climb on top Mera Peak, leaving base camp for return journey with pleasant walks with few ups and downs, and then back into green surrounding within rich vegetations and tall trees on reaching at Khothe for overnight stop, a small cattle herder camp with shelter huts.
Day 12 Trek to Thuli Kharka 4,300 m - 06 hrs.
Morning with great scenic walk after a great climb of Mera peak and then heading closer back to Lukla using the same route to reach back at Thaknak and then beyond with steep climb on hills where walk continues on nice grassy meadow with gradual path to reach our last camp of the trek at Thuli-Kharka.
Day 13 Trek to Lukla via Zatrwa La Pass -07 hrs.
Last walk of the adventure where walk leads over Zatrwa-La within high Kalo and Naulekh Himal rocky ridges, and then a long descend to Chutanga, from here an easy pleasant walks to reach at Lukla for final overnight stop around high scenic Khumbu within Everest region.
Day 14 Fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotel.
Morning transfer to Lukla Tenzing and Hillary airport for sweeping short flight to Kathmandu facing scenic views of mountains, green scenery of hills and farm fields with nice villages and towns as flight lands at Kathmandu airport and then back to your hotel, with free afternoon to relax of great memorable adventure on top Mera Peak.
Day 15 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Island Peak Climb with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for homeward bound or to your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Trip Code : #Merapeak
- Trip Grade : Moderate to Adventurous.
- Max Altitude : 6461m
- Min Altitude : 1350m
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- No of Trip Days: 15 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-10
- Walking Per Day : 5-6
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house and Camping
- Accomodation: On Hotels and Lodge on treks with camping on climb.
- Best Season : March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear morning for walks and views, and from Mid-September to December months.
- Entry : Lukla
- Exit : Lukla
USD 325020 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days