Mardi Himal Trek
‘on scenic walking route away from mainstream trails to high Mardi Himal base camp’
- On high hills of Mardi and Annapurna Himalaya covered within lovely cool forest.
- Walk from low warm areas to cooler alpine green hills with amazing views of peaks.
- Explore impressive Gurung farm villages of great interest with fabulous mountain views.
- Adventure on hidden trails of high Annapurna area on less trekked region into pure wilderness.
- Enjoy perfect tranquil surrounding in the harmony of scenic views of mountain panorama.
- Start and end at picturesque Pokhara blessed with natural wonders of mountains and lakes.
Mardi Himal Trekking, located straight North West from picturesque city and valley of Pokhara, where our adventure begins from this popular touristic place Pokhara, famous for views of peaks and lakes.
Starting with short drive to reach at the base of green mid hills of Annapurna Himalaya, where walk leads to a climb past many farm fields and terraces past villages of Potana and Deurali with overwhelming panorama of Annapurna, Manaslu, Lamjung, Machhapuchare Himal (Fish-Tail) with views of Dhaulagiri Himal.
An interesting Mardi Himal trekking, where our route leads past from Deurali on leaving the main trekking trails of Annapurna heading into complete wilderness within dense forest of tall rhododendron-oaks-magnolia-pines and fir tree lines overlooking fabulous views of Annapurna Himalaya range.
As walk progress on high scenic ridges getting closer towards Mardi Himal, where tree lines disappears for short bushes of rhododendron (azalea) and alpine shrubs on reaching at the base of Mardi Himal and the highest spot of the adventure at above 4,500 m high facing panorama of mountains.
Mardi Himal situated beneath towering peaks of Machhapuchare Himal, the area around also called as ‘Other Sanctuary’ named by early pioneers and explorer when they first visited this beautiful hidden country at Mardi Himal.
After a great wonderful time at Mardi Himal walk back on the same route and then taking an alternative trail to reach lower warm areas within Mardi River for the drive back to Pokhara to complete this marvelous and enjoyable Mardi Himal Trekking.
- Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel 1350m.
- Day 02 : Kathmandu to Pokhara. 850m (220 k.ms) on drive. 6-7 hrs
- Day 03 : Pokhara to Kande on drive for an hour and trek to Pothana. 1900m. (4 hours)
- Day 04 : Pothana to Kokar Forest camp 2,520m via Pitam Deurali 2,100m - 05 hrs.
- Day 05 : Pothana to Low Camp or Badal Danda 2,970 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 06 : Low Camp to High camp 3, 700 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 07 : High Camp, hike to Mardi West Base Camp 4,500m. and back to Middle Camp.
- Day 08 : Middle Camp to Siding village 1,750m | 5,740ft - 06 hrs.
- Day 09 : Siding to Lwang village 1,230 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 10 : Lwang to Kholamukh and drive back to Pokhara 850 m -02 hrs walks -02 hrs ride.
- Day 11 : Drive or fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotels.
- Day 12 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private / local.
- Kathmandu and Pokhara accommodation in three star hotels with breakfast as per itinerary.
- ccommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Experience trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu transport by Tourist coach.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- International air fare.
- Travelers insurance (Compulsory).
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel 1350m.
Upon reaching in Kathmandu International Airport, received by Lhasso Adventure representative then transfer to your respective hotels Thamel. First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed, in the evening our expert guides will explain regarding the trip.
Day 02 Kathmandu to Pokhara. 850m (220 k.ms) on drive. 6-7 hrs
Early morning depart from Kathmandu for interesting drive to scenic Pokhara, leading you on Nepal’s most busy highway with views of high mountains and green landscapes, as drive heads encountering towns and farm villages and then reaching at Pokhara after 5-6 hrs of exciting overland drive, at Pokhara hotels located near Phewa lake.
Pokhara a beautiful, renowned touristic city blessed with natural beauty placed on the laps of massive Annapurna Himalaya with magnificent Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish Tail’, a virgin and unclimbed peaks of Himalaya.
Besides mountains and rolling green hills treasures calm lakes of Phewa and Begnas where most of the good hotels and international standard restaurants located by the Phewa Lake.
Day 03 Pokhara to Kande on drive for an hour and trek to Pothana. 1900m. (4 hours)
After having breakfast an exciting short drive leads you beyond Pokhara valley to reach the starting point to Mardi Himal trekking, drive leads past Pokhara valley outskirt with marvelous scenery of Annapurna peaks and farm lands and then reaching at Kande.
From here following uphill trail into cool shade of forest to reach a scenic spot at Australian Camp also called Thulo Kharka (larger grazing pasture for local cattle) offers wonderful panorama of Annapurna and majestic Machhapuchare Himal the Fist Tail peak, and the a short downhill walk takes you to nice village at Potana with marvelous views of Annapurna peaks.
Your first night’s accommodation here in Pothana has a wonderful view of Machhapuchare.
Day 04 Pothana to Kokar Forest camp 2,520m via Pitam Deurali 2,100m - 05 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight stop at Potana with fabulous views, walk continues on main trail reaching at a hill top at Pitam Deurali, offering superb views of landscapes and snow peaks.
From Deurali our route heads north leaving the main trekking trails into sheer wilderness where walks leads along a ridgeline into serene forested area with cool temperature views of Annapurna I and South and Huinchuli, including Annapurna IV -II and Lamjung Himal towards east after a good walk reaching our overnight stop in the midst of forest surrounding at Kokar Forest Camp with few basic lodges for trekkers.
Day 05 Pothana to Low Camp or Badal Danda 2,970 m - 05 hrs.
From the Forest Camp, morning walk leads higher on uphill path with steep climb to reach a pasture land for overnight stop on route Mardi base camp at Low Camp also called as Badal Danda, a high ridge with couple of nice simple lodge facing super views of surrounding landscapes and mountains at close range.
Day 06 Low Camp to High camp 3, 700 m - 05 hrs.
This wonderful area offering grand vista of beautiful landscapes and snow-clad peaks in perfect tranquility heading higher to reach at High Camp as the air gets thinner and cooler with steep climb to reach at High Camp where tree lines fades to short rhododendron and juniper bushes.
Here at High Camp with a lonely lodge for overnight accommodation with basic facilities commanding super views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 07 High Camp, hike to Mardi West Base Camp 4,500m. and back to Middle Camp.
Here with another night stop to explore beyond High Camp with day hike to Mardi Himal leads you towards high ridge on the highest point of the trek above 4,500 m.
Walk leads to a steep climb along a ridgeline to reach a hidden plateau at the base of Mardi Himal South Face with towering Mt. Machapuchare; this area known as ‘Other Sanctuary’ named by early pioneer Jimmy Roberts, when he first explored this area in early 1970’s. After enjoying the views of super mountain panorama return back on same route to our overnight stop.
Day 08 Middle Camp to Siding village 1,750m | 5,740ft - 06 hrs.
After a fabulous time on the high ridges of Mardi Himal with beautiful views and back into forest of rhododendron and pines trees, retracing the journey back on same trail at Jungle Camp and beyond with more downhill walk to reach at Sidang village located between the junction to another East and West route to Mardi Himal on warmer area for overnight stop before ending this lovely trek next day.
Day 09 Siding to Lwang village 1,230 m - 04 hrs.
From Siding village morning walk leads within warm farm country by the side of Mardi River as our route leads past scattered farm fields and smaller villages to reach at Lwang nice community run villages with home stays for visitors.
Lwang village famous for organic tea and its plantations which is about 25 k.m distance from Pokhara populated by Brahmin, Chhetri, Gurung, Blacksmith, Tamang, Newar people. Thus, the visitors will have a great opportunity to experience the culture of people of various different faces of Nepalese. Visitors can stay in small stone roofs houses with clean lanes and surrounding, served with typical Nepali food (dal, rice, curry) and local chicken, alcohol made from local millet, cultural events and shows. Home-stay in Lwang village can be an unique experience with tea farm surroundings and mountain as backdrop includes typical mixed cultures and traditions.
Day 10 Lwang to Kholamukh and drive back to Pokhara 850 m -02 hrs walks -02 hrs ride.
Morning catch the fantastic views of snow clad peaks, our last day walk leads to low farm areas at Kholamukh, and then for short drive to Pokhara, journey leads past Mardi Pul with views of mountains on route Pokhara, where our wonderful Annapurna Mardi Himal Trekking completes at picturesque Pokhara by the calm lake of Phewa Lake for last overnight stop around Annapurna region.
Day 11 Drive or fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotels.
Morning transfer either on car or coach as well taking a tourist bus (depending upon the group size ), where interesting overland journey brings you back at Kathmandu with scenic views of mountains, green scenery of hills and farm fields within nice villages and towns as drive brings leads into hustle and bustle city life of Kathmandu.
On reaching Kathmandu transfer to your respective hotels with time for individual activities and shopping souvenirs.
Day 12 Depart for your next destination.
Today is the final day of our Mardi Himal Trek We will drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport, 3 hours before your flight schedule. It’s time for departing to your next destination.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Trip Code : #Annapurna6
- Trip Grade : Moderate to Adventurous.
- Max Altitude : At Mardi Base Camp 4, 500 m high.
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 12 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-12 Pax
- Walking Per Day : 6-8 Hours
- Best Season : early all seasons of the year except wet monsoon months (June to August) March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear morning for walks and views
- Entry : Kathmandu
- Exit : Kathmandu
USD 130012 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
USD 205016 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
USD 85009 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
USD 239918 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
USD 295517 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days