Langtang Valley Trek
‘cultural and scenic walks to beautiful Kyanjin within beautiful Langtang valley’
- On high hills of Langtang Himal covered within enchanting forest of rhododendron trees.
- Walk from low warm areas to cooler alpine green hills with amazing views of peaks.
- Explore impressive Tamang farm villages enriched with age-old culture of Buddhist religion.
- Panorama of Central Himalaya mountains with exciting times at scenic Langtang valley.
- Walk in the country of elusive and endangered Red-Panda within serene woodland.
- Start and end with exiting and scenic overland from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi-Kathmandu.
Langtang valley trek a country that excites you from the start of walking to the end of the trip, on this wonderful week walking holidays in the comfort of nice and simple local lodge with taste of local culture and hospitality.
Langtang valley one of the most scenic places in Himalaya, where all age group of family-school / collage groups to corporate executive people can join in this amazing walking holidays in the shade of mighty Central Himalaya within Langtang Himal region.
Langtang valley due to its closeness makes this trip much accessible from the capital Kathmandu where scenic drive leads you into high cooler zone of Langtang within Rasuwa district populated by mountain tribes of Langtang the Tamang people, settled and migrated into Nepal mountain from Mongolia and Tibet way back thousands years of history.
Langtang Valley trek takes you to higher country within deep green forest of tall rhododendron trees with some bamboo stalk where rare and endangered Red Panda are found with other wild-life often seen on walks.
As walk progress reaching from river gorge into a wide scenic Langtang valley at Kyanjin, the highest spot of the journey surrounded by high peaks, where a hike takes you on top of a view point hill at Chorkari Ri located above 5,050 m offering tremendous panorama of Langtang Himal range with other adjoining peaks of Mid-West and Mid-East and some mountains of Tibet across the border.
After a marvelous time at Langtang valley, where walk leads back on the same route for exciting and scenic drive to Kathmandu on completing one of the most popular and picturesque walks on Central Himalaya and Langtang valley trekking.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : Drive to Syabrubesi by jeep 1,462 m / 4,795ft - 07 hrs.
- Day 3 : Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 06 hrs.
- Day 4 : Lama Hotel to Langtang village 3,307 m / 10, 845 ft - 06 hrs.
- Day 5 : Langtang village to Kyanjin 3,798 m / 12,495 ft - 04 hrs.
- Day 6 : Rest day at Kyanjin and hike to Chorkari Ri 5,050 m / 16,564 ft.
- Day 7 : Trek back to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 07 hrs.
- Day 8 : Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi - 06 hrs.
- Day 9 : Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
- Day 10 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private/local.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu three star hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on trek.
- Experienced trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter.
- All necessary paper and trekking permits.
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- International air fare.
- Travel insurance (Compulsory).
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport, received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Drive to Syabrubesi by jeep 1,462 m / 4,795ft - 07 hrs.
Morning taking a jeep for overland journey towards high Langtang Himal area at Rasuwa district, as drive leads beyond Kathmandu valley heading low warmer of Trisuli Bazaar, a nice town of Nuwakot areas, as drive continues on mountain highway past farm villages and town then towards cooler Dhunche town at above 1,950 m high, where Langtang National Park starts from this town.
From Dhunche descend on zig-zag winding road to reach our overnight stop at Syabrubesi village populated by Tamang people with interesting Buddhist culture, at Syabrubesi checking into best available lodge for overnight stay.
Day 3 Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 06 hrs.
First day walk starts crossing over a bridge above Langtang Khola (river) which joins to great Trisuli River, and then on uphill through farm villages and terraces with views of landscapes and entering into a forest of rhododendron, pines, bamboo tree lines, within this area where rare and elusive Red Panda and other wildlife are often seen, after a good day’s walk reaching at Lama Hotel located within forest surrounding.
Day 4 Lama Hotel to Langtang village 3,307 m / 10, 845 ft - 06 hrs.
Morning walk heading high hills above river gorge into dense woodlands of tall trees of pines, rhododendron, following few farm houses of cattle herders shelters and then to more cooler place in beautiful forest surrounding at Ghoretabela.
After a refreshing stops, another few hours of good walk to reach at Langtang village for overnight stop, the last village before Kyanjin. Here explore this interesting Tamang village of Tibetan origin with similar life style and culture.
Day 5 Langtang village to Kyanjin 3,798 m / 12,495 ft - 04 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight in Langtang village, morning walk with short steep climb on winding trail, slowly walk reaches into an open wide beautiful valley with spectacular views of snow capped peaks that surrounds Langtang valley.
As walk continues encountering prayer or Mani walls to reach our final destination at Kyanjin, a beautiful spot located within Langtang valley overlooking views of Langtang Lirung glacier with high peaks that surround Kyanjin, and Langtang valley.
Day 6 Rest day at Kyanjin and hike to Chorkari Ri 5,050 m / 16,564 ft.
A perfect spot for rest day where hike leads you to a climb on top Chorkari Ri at above 5,050 m high offers you with panorama of mountains.
From the high hill enjoy incredible panorama of Langtang Himal, Ghengu Liru (Langtang II – 6571m), Langtang Lirung (7,425m) Kimshun (6,745m) with Shalbachum (6,918m) to the south where Chimsedang Himal forms into a ridge of peaks that includes Naya-Kanga / Ganjala peak at 5,846m and Gangchempo, Tilman’s beautiful Fluted Peak.
Panorama of peaks continues towards east with Jugal Himal, includes Dorje Lakpa (6,980m), which makes a huge wall of mountains between Nepal and Tibet.
Day 7 Trek back to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 07 hrs.
Morning catching last views of surrounding high snow-capped mountains within scenic Langtang valley, as walk leads downhill to reach back at Lama Hotel and into cool shade of forest.
Day 8 Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant stop within forest of rhododendron, oaks and pine trees morning walk on same route, which allows you to enjoy more views as walk leads into dense woodland, and then within farm areas ending with long descend to a river after crossing a bridge back at Syabrubesi for last overnight around Langtang Himal.
Day 9 Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Morning after breakfast travel overland to reach Kathmandu taking about 5-6 hours with interesting and exciting drive through Nepal country-side with many farm villages and towns.
Shortly after leaving the Trisuli Town behind on winding downhill to reach at valley rim and then back into hustle and bustle city life of Kathmandu.
Day 10 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Langtang Valley Trek with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for homeward bound or to your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Write a Review
- Trip Code : #Langtang4
- Trip Grade : Moderate with Ups and Down Hill Walks.
- Max Altitude : At Kyanjin 3,798 m and on top Chorkari Ri 5,050 m / 16,564 ft.
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 10 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-13
- Walking Per Day : 5-6 Hrs.
- Trek/Tour style : Teahouse (Lodge)
- Accomodation: On Hotels and Lodge on treks.
- Best Season : Nearly all seasons of the year except wet monsoon months (June to August) March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear views of mountains.
- Entry : Syabrubesi
- Exit : Syabrubesi