Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
‘combination best of Langtang Himal range with Kyanjin-holy Gosainkund and Helambu region’
- On high hills of Langtang Himal covered within enchanting forest of rhododendron trees.
- Walk from low warm areas to cooler alpine green hills with amazing views of peaks.
- Explore impressive Tamang and Hyalmo villages enriched with age-old culture of Buddhism.
- Panorama of Central Himalaya mountains with exciting times at scenic Langtang valley.
- Walk in the country of elusive and endangered Red-Panda within serene woodland.
- Exciting combination of best of Langtang Himal with Kyanjin and holy Gosainkund to Helambu.
Langtang and Gosainkund Trekking one of the superb combination in the shade of beautiful Langtang Himal range or mountains, where walks leads on a high scenic ridges with grand views of Central Himalaya range of peaks, as far to Ganesh-Manaslu-Annapurna towards west and Jugal Himal in the east direction.
Langtang and Gosainkund Trekking an adventure of two week that takes you first to scenic Langtang valley at Kyanjin surrounded by mighty peaks of Langtang with acclimatization days and rest days for scenic hike.
Our next part of the adventure takes you within nice and lovely Tamang villages the domain mountain tribes of Nepal Himalaya, and mostly concentrated around Langtang Himal explore its colorful culture of old heritage interwoven with Buddhism religions similar to across the border of Tibet.
A walk of exciting adventure on high ridges of Langtang Himal with much ups and some downs entering into nice cool shade of tall rhododendron-magnolia-birch-oaks-pines and fir trees heading past yak grazing country and then reaching at glacial lake Gosainkund, considered as holy by both Hindu and Buddhist followers, where great festival takes in the month of monsoon period of August, where large number of pilgrims visits for a dip and bathe in the icy pond, belief is that relinquishes the sin of hundred life-times.
From the holy lake of Gosainkund adventure continues leading on top the highest point of the adventure at Gosainkund pass or East Laurabinaya-La above 4,609 m /15,100ft the high facing outstanding views of dramatic landscapes and mountains.
Langtang and Gosainkund Trekking, carries on reaching other scenic and cultural villages of Helambu at Tarke-Ghyang, nice and lovely villages populated by small tribe known as Hyalmo / Yalmo with similar culture and custom of Tamang and Sherpa tribes with Buddhism religion.
With ample time to enjoy visiting around lovely and interesting villages at Helambu, and then heading downhill to warmer areas for a drive back to Kathmandu after a wonderful and amazing experience of two weeks on Langtang and Gosainkund Trekking.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : Drive to Syabrubesi by Jeep 1,462 m / 4,795ft - 07 hrs.
- Day 3 : Trek Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 06 hrs.
- Day 4 : Trek Lama Hotel to Langtang village 3,307 m / 10, 845 ft - 06 hrs.
- Day 5 : Trek Langtang village to Kyanjin 3,798 m / 12,495 ft - 04 hrs.
- Day 6 : Rest day at Kyanjin with acclimatization hike.
- Day 7 : Trek back to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 07 hrs.
- Day 8 : Trek Lama Hotel to Upper / Thulo Syabru village 2,118m - 06 hours walk.
- Day 9 : Trek Upper / Thulo Syabru village to Singh Gompa 3,254m or Chandanbari - 05 hrs.
- Day 10 : Trek Singh Gompa or Chandanbari to Gosainkund 4,381 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 11 : Trek Gosainkund to Ghopte Odar 3,566m via Gosainkund pass or Laurabina-La 4,609 m.
- Day 12 : Trek Laurabina-La to Malemche-Gaon 2,560 / 8,399 ft via Tadepatti - 06 hrs.
- Day 13 : Trek Tadepatti to Tarke-Ghyang 2,590 m / 8,495 ft - 04 hrs.
- Day 14 : Trek Tarke-Ghyang to Shermathang 2,610 m / 8,560 ft - 04 hrs.
- Day 15 : Trek Shermathang to Melamchi-Bazaar 1,100 m and drive to Kathmandu - 4 hrs walks and 3 hrs drive.
- Day 16 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private/local
- Accommodation in Kathmandu three star hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on trek.
- Experienced trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter.
- All necessary documents and trekking permits.
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport, received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Drive to Syabrubesi by Jeep 1,462 m / 4,795ft - 07 hrs.
Morning taking a jeep for overland journey towards high Langtang Himal area at Rasuwa district, as drive leads beyond Kathmandu valley heading low warmer of Trisuli Bazaar, a nice town of Nuwakot areas, as drive continues on mountain highway past farm villages and town then towards cooler Dhunche town at above 1,950 m high, where Langtang National Park starts from this town.
From Dhunche descend on zig-zag winding road to reach our overnight stop at Syabrubesi village populated by Tamang people with interesting Buddhist culture, at Syabrubesi checking into best available lodge for overnight stay.
Day 3 Trek Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 06 hrs.
First day walk starts crossing over a bridge above Langtang Khola (river) which joins to great Trisuli River, and then on uphill through farm villages and terraces with views of landscapes and entering into a forest of rhododendron, pines, bamboo tree lines, within this area where rare and elusive Red Panda and other wildlife are often seen, after a good day’s walk reaching at Lama Hotel located within forest surrounding.
Day 4 Trek Lama Hotel to Langtang village 3,307 m / 10, 845 ft - 06 hrs.
Morning walk heading high hills above river gorge into dense woodlands of tall trees of pines, rhododendron, following few farm houses of cattle herders shelters and then to more cooler place in beautiful forest surrounding at Ghoda Tabela.
After a refreshing stops, another few hours of good walk to reach at Langtang village for overnight stop, the last village before Kyanjin. Here explore this interesting Tamang village of Tibetan origin with similar life style and culture.
Day 5 Trek Langtang village to Kyanjin 3,798 m / 12,495 ft - 04 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight in Langtang village, morning walk with short steep climb on winding trail, slowly walk reaches into an open wide beautiful valley with spectacular views of snow capped peaks that surrounds Langtang valley.
As walk continues encountering prayer or Mani walls to reach our final destination at Kyanjin, a beautiful spot located within Langtang valley overlooking views of Langtang Lirung glacier with high peaks that surround Kyanjin, and Langtang valley.
Day 6 Rest day at Kyanjin with acclimatization hike.
A perfect spot for rest day where hike leads you to a climb on top scenic hills for acclimatization before other high areas of Langtang Himal where you can witness panorama of mountains.
From high scenic hill enjoy incredible panorama of Langtang Himal, Ghengu Liru (Langtang II – 6571m), Langtang Lirung (7,425m) Kimshun (6,745m) with Shalbachum (6,918m) to the south where Chimsedang Himal forms into a ridge of peaks that includes Naya-Kanga / Ganjala peak at 5,846m and Gangchempo, Tilman’s beautiful Fluted Peak.
Panorama of peaks continues towards east with Jugal Himal, includes Dorje Lakpa (6,980m), which makes a huge wall of mountains between Nepal and Tibet.
Day 7 Trek back to Lama Hotel 2,500 m / 8,200 ft - 07 hrs.
Morning catching last views of surrounding high snow-capped mountains within scenic Langtang valley, as walk leads downhill to reach back at Lama Hotel and into cool shade of forest.
Day 8 Trek Lama Hotel to Upper / Thulo Syabru village 2,118m - 06 hours walk.
Trek today follows the same route for an hour, then after the bridge the walk is pleasant through the rain and bamboo forest, after leaving the river way down below, the climb starts uphill through the landslide bit of rocks and boulders, passing through farm terraces to Upper Syabru is reached also called Thulo Syabru means bigger, the village with row of houses located on a ridge with a monastery.
Day 9 Trek Upper / Thulo Syabru village to Singh Gompa 3,254m or Chandanbari - 05 hrs.
Morning walk leads uphill on winding path above the monastery and then gaining more height facing views of Ganesh-Himal, Manaslu, Langtang and Annapurna range towards far west, after a few refreshing stops at teahouses on route, journey continues with an hour uphill from the farmlands and into cool alpine forest and then reaching at Sing Gompa for overnight stop near its old monastery.
Day 10 Trek Singh Gompa or Chandanbari to Gosainkund 4,381 m - 05 hrs.
The trek today offers more views of snow clad peaks of Langtang to the north and Ganesh-Himal range towards north west along with Manaslu and Annapurna range, walk leads to gradual up for an hour entering oaks, pines and rhododendron forest, after a brief stops with grand views, walk continues on uphill trail leaving tree lines and green vegetation behind for dwarf rhododendron, juniper and alpine shrubs bushes.
The path unwinds uphill passing through few teahouses at Laurabina, means a place with walking sticks, (on auspicious time in August with full moon as per the Nepali Luna calendar, the pilgrims visits Gosainkund pond for ritual bathe and dip belief it delivers one into paradise and drink of its holy water relinquishes the sins of a hundred lifetimes) Hindu pilgrims leaves their walking stick here so the name Laurabina.
From here short descend and up reaching across Saraswati and Bhiarav kund after a small climb brings you to our overnight stop at Gosainkund near its pristine pond. Here you can see lots of traces left behind by the pilgrims.
Day 11 Trek Gosainkund to Ghopte Odar 3,566m via Gosainkund pass or Laurabina-La 4,609 m.
From Gosainkund a gradual walk on a small path along pond, and then climb near a small creek in between rocks and boulders, as the walk leads close to a small pond of Surjakund the trail here is more gradual with winding up to Gosainkund pass or East Laurabina La the highest spot of the adventure.
After the top, a long descend to Phedi (bottom) at 3,694 m few teahouses, a possible lunch stop and then our journey continues east towards Helambu region and back into green vegetations of junipers, rhododendron and then reaching at Ghopte (meaning overhanging rocks) for overnight stop.
Day 12 Trek Laurabina-La to Malemche-Gaon 2,560 / 8,399 ft via Tadepatti - 06 hrs.
After walking within wilderness, walk from here trails joins of Helambu and Kathmandu; trek is pleasant into forest for an hour, with an hour uphill to Thadepati 3,597m.
A nice spot situated on a ridge overlooking views of peaks with Jugal Himal range and Ganesh-Manaslu towards west.
From here descent to Malemche-Gaon into Helambu area as downhill leads into dense rhododendron and pine forest to reach at the base of a hill on nice grassy field, from here walking into farm fields to Malemche-Gaon for overnight stop, this village of Hyalmo with some Sherpa, and Tamang tribes.
Day 13 Trek Tadepatti to Tarke-Ghyang 2,590 m / 8,495 ft - 04 hrs.
Today, a short day walk to major village of Helambu at Tarke Ghyang, morning walk downhill to Melamchi River and at small farm village, crossing river on suspension bridge, then climb above the river for an hour to reach Tarke-Ghyang village via Nakote village for lunch and overnight stop.
Tarke-Ghyang, famous for Buddhist culture, wood carving and delicious green apples also.
Afternoon free to explore this lovely village and the old monastery of Ama Yangri situated on top of the village.
Day 14 Trek Tarke-Ghyang to Shermathang 2,610 m / 8,560 ft - 04 hrs.
Morning after leaving this nice village walk downhill through cool forested path passing many chortens (Buddhist prayer monuments), summer meadows to reach Gangyul a small village, then following the path with wonderful views of rolling hills to reach at Shermathang for overnight stop, another cute and lovely Hyalmo village here with time to visit another old interesting monastery.
Day 15 Trek Shermathang to Melamchi-Bazaar 1,100 m and drive to Kathmandu - 4 hrs walks and 3 hrs drive.
After a wonderful time around Helambu within pristine nature, continue walk for few hours walk on long downhill trail to Melamchi town and a bazaar for drive back to Kathmandu,.
Few hours of pleasant drive reaches at Kathmandu after a wonderful time in the high hills of Himalaya.
Day 16 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Langtang Gosainkunda Trek with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for homeward bound or to your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Write a Review
- Trip Code : #Langtang2
- Trip Grade : Moderate and adventurous Walks.
- Max Altitude : At Kyanjin 3,798 m and on over Gosainkund Pass at 4,609 m high.
- Min Altitude : 1350m
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 16 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-10
- Walking Per Day : 5-6 Hrs.
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house
- Accomodation: On Hotels and Lodge on treks.
- Best Season : Nearly all seasons of the year except wet monsoon months (June to August) March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear views of mountains.
- Entry : Syabrubesi
- Exit : Melamchi