Kopra Ridge Trek
‘an exclusive hidden trail to high and scenic Kopra ridge within Annapurna and Dhaulagiri peaks’
- On high hills of Annapurna Himalaya covered within enchanting forest with amazing views.
- Walk from low warm areas to cooler alpine green hills covered with rhododendron trees.
- Explore impressive Gurung and Poon-Magar farm villages of great interest and culture.
- Panorama of 360° wide angle views of Himalayan mountains with stunning sunrise.
- On hidden trails and least ventured areas by other trekkers to scenic high hills of Kopra ridge.
- Start and end at picturesque Pokhara blessed with natural wonders of mountains and lakes.
Kopra ridge trekking in local language called as ‘Danda’ for ridges and hill tops, an exclusive walk into hidden pockets of Annapurna Himalaya with close views of massive of Dhaulagiri Mountains.
Kopra Ridge Trekking, walks leads you for some days away from main villages and beyond main-stream trekking trails where few trekkers seldom venture this forgotten country of high Annapurna hills and ridges.
Kopra Ridge Trekking offers you with excellent panorama of mountains from whole range of Annapurna with world seventh highest Dhaulagiri, includes Lamjung and Manaslu Himalaya from some view points.
Starting marvelous walks from scenic Pokhara city and its beautiful valley surrounded by green tiers of rolling hills and peaks of Annapurna with ever present Machhapuchare Himal the Fish-Tail peak.
As walk progress after a short drive heading past outskirt of Pokhara to reach at the point of walks, where first section of the adventure leads to high hills covered with beautiful tall rhododendron trees at Ghorepani village facing fantastic views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna peaks, a short hike takes you to Poon Hill for breathtaking panorama of Himalayan peaks with striking eye catching sunrise.
From Ghorepani our route diverts from the main trekking trails heading higher past farm villages and into serene cool forest on top of a ridge line at Kopra Ridge a scenic spot higher than Poon Hill with close views of Dhaulagiri, Tukuche, Nilgiri’s with Vara-Shikar (Annapurna Fang) and Annapurna South.
At Kopra Ridge with time for rest days with optional hike towards holy Khair Lake enclosed within peaks of Vara-Shikar and Annapurna Himalaya range, where you can have delightful times enjoying the beauty of lovely surroundings at holy Khair Lake.
After a most enjoyable and scenic moment heading towards lower warmer areas at Tatopani village, a place with natural hot-spring to refresh you before driving back to Pokhara with ever lasting memories and exciting adventure on Kopra Ridge Trekking.
- Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel 1350m.
- Day 02 : Drive to Pokhara 860m (220 k.ms) 06 hrs.
- Day 03 : Drive past Nayapul and trek to Tirkhedhunga village 1,540 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 04 : Tirkhedhunga village to Ghorepani 2,860m - 05 hrs.
- Day 05 : Ghorepani to Poon Hill 3,210 m and trek to Sauta 2,220 m via Chitre 2,790 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 06 : Trek Chitre to Kopra Ridge 4,020 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 07 : Kopra Ridge to Khair Lake Base camp 4,620m - 05 hrs.
- Day 08 : At Khayer Lake for local hike and back to Kopra Ridge.
- Day 09 : Kopra Ridge to Tatopani village 1,100 m with natural hot spring-06 hrs.
- Day 10 : Drive back to Pokhara and transfer to hotel - 04 hrs journey.
- Day 11 : Drive to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotels.
- Day 12 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private / local.
- Kathmandu and Pokhara accommodation in three star hotels with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Experience trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter.
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu transport by Tourist coach.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- International air fare.
- Travelers insurance (Compulsory).
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel 1350m.
Upon reaching in Kathmandu International Airport, received by Lhasso Adventure representative then transfer to your respective hotels Thamel. First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed, in the evening our expert guides will explain regarding the trip.
Day 02 Drive to Pokhara 860m (220 k.ms) 06 hrs.
Morning depart from Kathmandu for interesting drive to scenic Pokhara, leading you on Nepal’s most busy highway with views of high mountains and green landscapes, as drive heads encountering towns and farm villages and then reaching at Pokhara after 5-6 hrs of exciting overland drive, at Pokhara hotels located near Phewa lake.
Pokhara a beautiful, renowned touristic city blessed with natural beauty placed on the laps of massive Annapurna Himalaya with magnificent Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish Tail’, a virgin and unclimbed peaks of Himalaya.
Besides mountains and rolling green hills treasures calm lakes of Phewa and Begnas where most of the good hotels and international standard restaurants located by the Phewa Lake.
Day 03 Drive past Nayapul and trek to Tirkhedhunga village 1,540 m - 05 hrs.
Enjoy nice and pleasant stop in Pokhara with excellent views of Annapurna Himalaya with magnificent Machhapuchare Himal, after breakfast an exciting drive leads you for few hours beyond Pokhara valley to reach our starting point of trekking.
Drive leads past Pokhara valley outskirt with marvelous scenery of Annapurna peaks and farm lands and then reaching much warmer areas of Nayapul town by the road side of Pokhara and Beni highway.
From here walk follows on leaving Modi River to a nice and lovely village at Bhirethati and beyond to reach at Tirkhedhunga village overnight stop.
Day 04 Tirkhedhunga village to Ghorepani 2,860m - 05 hrs.
From Tirkhedhunga with steep uphill on stone paved steps to reach at Ulleri village, and then on gradual winding trail to reach at Ghorepani as walk leads into lovely alpine woodland of rhododendron and pine trees.
After a great pleasant walk within cool shade of woodland reaching at Ghorepani village, where next early morning hike takes you at Poon Hill, Ghorepani home of Poon people of Magar origin tribe, an ethnic hill tribes of Nepal famous as Gorkha soldiers in UK-India and other foreign countries. This village with many good lodges offers marvelous views of Dhaulagiri-Tukuche-Nilgiri’s and Annapurna Himalayan mountains.
Day 05 Ghorepani to Poon Hill 3,210 m and trek to Sauta 2,220 m via Chitre 2,790 m - 05 hrs.
Early morning before breakfast, hike up for an hour on top scenic Poon Hill at above 3,210 m one of the highest spots of the trek.
From Poon Hill catch striking sunrise views of panorama of mountains which includes Dhaulagiri-Tukuche-Nilgiri’s-Annapurna Fang (Vara Shikar) Annapurna range of peaks with majestic Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish Tail’ the unclimbed and virgin peaks of Himalaya.
View includes Mt. Manaslu with Lamjung extending towards Ganesh Himal due east horizon, after a marvelous photo session head back to Ghorepani for breakfast and carry on trekking downhill into beautiful woods of rhododendron trees with views of mountains.
Finally as walk leads to descend and at Chitre village and then leaving the main trekking trail heading into quiet areas towards Khair Lake, with overnight stop in a lovely Sauta farm village inhabited by Poon-Magar people with grand views of Dhaulagiri and tips of Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 06 Trek Chitre to Kopra Ridge 4,020 m - 06 hrs.
On leaving Chistibung where heights gains slowly leaving tree lines behind where few hours of scenic walk reach you at Kopra ridge for overnight stops, offers scenic views of landscapes facing massive range of Mt. Dhaulagiri with Vara Shikar (Annapurna Fang), Annapurna South from this wonderful spot.
Day 07 Kopra Ridge to Khair Lake Base camp 4,620m - 05 hrs.
Morning hike to holy lake at Khair Lake located at 4,620 m. which is long walk, but worth the views, the site of religious festival occasion held annually around the month of August and September. Villagers from the surrounding area assemble here to offer prayers to Lord Shiva and bathe in the icy waters, offers sacrifices of sheep and goats.
Day 08 At Khayer Lake for local hike and back to Kopra Ridge.
An ideal spot around beautiful surrounding being close to towering Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna South and Annapurna Fang or Vara Shikar, a pristine area, where few trekkers often venture around this amazing place.
Here with ample time to explore the unexplored region of Khair Lake with exceptional view points and in perfect harmony of nature.
Day 09 Kopra Ridge to Tatopani village 1,100 m with natural hot spring-06 hrs.
With enjoyable and having a memorable times overlooking exceptional beauty from Kopra Ridge, morning a long walk on downhill path to join the main trekking trails to reach village of Ghara on the route towards low warm areas of Kaligandaki River, and then a slow gradual walk to Tatopani a lovely village with nice lodges and hotels.
At Tatopani with time enjoy the refreshing natural hot spring nearby the village located by the Kaligandaki River banks with two pools for a dip in the warm spring.
Day 10 Drive back to Pokhara and transfer to hotel - 04 hrs journey.
After a refreshing and pleasant time at Tatopani where our walks ends taking a drive back to Pokhara, as morning drive leads to Beni and Baglung town, then on good road with 3-4 hours exciting journey to reach at scenic Pokhara for last overnight stop by its calm Phewa Lake.
Day 11 Drive to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotels.
Morning transfer either on car or coach as well taking a tourist bus (depending upon the group size ), where interesting overland journey brings you back at Kathmandu with scenic views of mountains, green scenery of hills and farm fields within nice villages and towns as drive brings leads into hustle and bustle city life of Kathmandu.
On reaching Kathmandu transfer to your respective hotels with time for individual activities and shopping souvenirs.
Day 12 Depart for your next destination.
Today is the final day of our Kopra Ridge Trek, We will drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport, 3 hours before your flight schedule. It’s time for departing to your next destination.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Write a Review
- Trip Code : #Kopra_Ridge
- Trip Grade : Moderate and Adventurous.
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 12 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-12 Pax
- Walking Per Day : 6-8 Hours
- Trek/Tour style : Tea House
- Best Season : Nearly all seasons of the year except wet monsoon months (June to August) March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear morning for walks and views.
- Entry : Kathmandu
- Exit : Kathmandu
ASK PRICE DETAIL12 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
ASK PRICE DETAIL16 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
ASK PRICE DETAIL09 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
ASK PRICE DETAIL18 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
ASK PRICE DETAIL11 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days
Ask Price Detail17 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu) days