‘cultural, scenic walks walk to lovely Helambu villages with views of Jugal and Langtang Himal’
- On high hills north east of Kathmandu valley on scenic and cultural trail to Helambu region.
- Fabulous views of Langtang Himal and Jugal Himal mountain range on daily pleasant walks.
- Walk from beautiful areas of Sundarijal towards cooler alpine green hills with amazing views.
- Explore impressive Tamang and Hyalmo villages enriched with age-old culture of Buddhism.
- Panorama of Central Himalaya mountains with exciting times at traditional village of Helambu.
- Walk into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines-fir tree lines within nice green meadows.
- Away from main trail on least visited areas around Helambu villages enriched with old cultures.
Helambu Trekking, a perfect country walks of a less than week duration suitable for family with children, school-collage groups as well for interested expert trekkers as training and exercise before main major trips in Himalaya.
Helambu Trekking certainly captures you with its interesting age-old culture of simple farm traditional life in tact with Buddhism religion, where walk follows through nice and lovely villages of Tamang some Sherpa and Hyalmo the main tribes of Helambu region.
Helambu area once famous for green apples and wooden handicrafts of intricate Tibetan design which you will notice on doors and windows of each houses adorned with colorful prayer flags on this lovely cultural walks in the shade of Langtang and Jugal Himal range of mountains.
Starting this wonderful journey taking a short drive to reach at the end of Kathmandu valley northern rim, and then heading into pristine country of farm villages and serene woodland to reach at scenic ridge at Chisapani with marvelous views of Himalaya chain of peaks with stunning sunrise, and then slowly walk leads to higher hills past Kutumsang and on the highest point of the trek at Thadepati to reach at beautiful areas and village of Helambu.
At Helambu enjoying wonderful time visiting and exploring this remote isolated village enriched with ancient culture and age-old custom, then walking past Helambu nice villages to reach at lower warm areas for short interesting drive back to Kathmandu, after a fantastic experience on Helambu trek.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani 2,300 m - 04hrs.
- Day 3 : Trek to Kutumsang 2,446 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 4 : Trek to Thadepati 3,597 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 5 : Trek to Tarke-Ghyang 2,590 m / 8,495 ft via Malemche-Gaon 2,560 - 06 hrs.
- Day 6 : Trek to Shermathang 2,610 m / 8,560 ft - 04 hrs.
- Day 7 : Trek to Melamche-Bazaar 1,100 m and drive to Kathmandu - 4 hrs walks and 3 hrs drive.
- Day 8 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private/local
- Accommodation in Kathmandu three star hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house runs by local people during trek.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- All necessary documents and trekking permits
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani 2,300 m - 04hrs.
Our lovely scenic and cultural treks begins with short drive heading north east of Kathmandu valley rim reaching at Sundarijal about 15 k.m. driving distance.
Sundarijal a nice small farm town where walk starts with climb into farm villages passing through cascade of waterfalls then reaching at entrance of Shivapuri National Park, from here walking into forest and past scattered farm villages to reach at Chisapani, located on a high ridge North of Kathmandu valley, at Chisapani with cool fresh air at an altitude above 2,300 m high offering super views of snowcapped mountain ranges of Annapurna-Manaslu-Ganesh Himal, Lang tang Himal extending towards Jugal Himal including Kathmandu valley.
At Chisapani enjoy the fabulous sunrise and sunset views as well.
Day 3 Trek to Kutumsang 2,446 m - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant morning with views of sunrise over chain of Himalayan peaks, as second day walk starts with downhill towards Pati Bhanjyang farm village, mostly populated by Hindu Brahman and Chettries, from here continue with a climb for an hour and then on nice winding path into forest and villages to reach at Gulbhanjyang for refreshing stop or lunch break.
From this nice farm Tamang village where our route leads to a climb with short descend to Chipplin village, walking past farm villages with views of rolling green hills and snowcapped peaks till Kutumsang is reached for overnight stop.
Kutumsang a farm village with mixed hill people Sherpa-Hylamo and Tamang ethnic tribes also offers grand views of snowcapped mountains, afternoon free at leisure to explore this small lovely village and its scenic surrounding.
Day 4 Trek to Thadepati 3,597 m - 04 hrs.
From Kutumsang, morning walk leads to a climb to cross over Yurin Danda ridge into lovely serene forest of rhododendron, pines and oak trees as walk reach a small pass at 3,510 meter high, and then with short descent into cool forest area to reach an open wide area.
After some rest a short climb as our route diverts from the main trail joining Langtang and Gosainkund area with Helambu. Morning nice scenic walk ends at Thadepati for the day with lunch and overnight stop.
Thadepati having few fine lodges on this highest point of the treks offers grand scenery of rolling hills and high snow peaks of Langtang and Jugal mountain range.
Day 5 Trek to Tarke-Ghyang 2,590 m / 8,495 ft via Malemche-Gaon 2,560 - 06 hrs.
At Thadepatti where trails to Helambu and Gosainkund joins; morning leads to short ups to a ridge top overlooking views of peaks with Jugal Himal range and Ganesh-Manaslu towards west.
From the ridge top descend to Malemche-Gaon into Helambu area as downhill leads into dense rhododendron and pine forest to reach at the base of a hill on nice grassy field, from here walking into farm fields to Malemche-Gaon village of Hyalmo with some Sherpa, and Tamang tribes.
Afternoon walk from Malemche leads to major village of Helambu at Tarke Ghyang, as route leads downhill to Melamchi River and at small farm village, crossing river over suspension bridge, then climb above the river for an hour to reach Tarke-Ghyang village via Nakote village for lunch and overnight stop.
Tarke-Ghyang, famous for Buddhist culture, wood carving and delicious green apples also.
Afternoon free to explore this lovely village and the old monastery of Ama Yangri situated on top of the village.
Day 6 Trek to Shermathang 2,610 m / 8,560 ft - 04 hrs.
Morning after leaving this nice village walk downhill through cool forested path passing many chortens (Buddhist prayer monuments), summer meadows to reach Gangyul a small village, then following the path with wonderful views of rolling hills to reach at Shermathang for overnight stop, another cute and lovely Hyalmo village here with time to visit another old interesting monastery.
Day 7 Trek to Melamche-Bazaar 1,100 m and drive to Kathmandu - 4 hrs walks and 3 hrs drive.
After a wonderful time around Helambu within pristine nature, continue walk for few hours walk on long downhill trail to Melamche town and a bazaar for drive back to Kathmandu,.
Few hours of pleasant drive reaches at Kathmandu after a wonderful time in the high hills of Himalaya.
Day 8 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Helambu Trekking with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for homeward bound or to your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Trip Code : #Langtang1
- Trip Grade : Moderate with Ups and Downhill Walks.
- Max Altitude : 3510m
- Min Altitude : 870m
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 08 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-10
- Walking Per Day : 5-6
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house
- Accomodation: On Hotels and Lodge on treks.
- Best Season : Nearly all seasons of the year except wet monsoon months (June to August) March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear views of mountains.
- Entry : Sundarijal
- Exit : Melamchi