Everest View Trek
‘a short adventure to scenic Thyangboche Monastery with amazing mountain panorama’
- A moderate scenic adventure to beautiful Thyangboche and its impressive Monastery.
- Scenic, sweeping flights to and from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu with super mountain views.
- Walking into lovely cultural Sherpa villages adorned with prayer walls and spinning bells.
- Daily grand views of high snow capped peaks on walks to the scenic spot for Everest View.
- Explore Sherpa village enriched with Buddhist religions and its interesting monasteries.
- From green alpine woodland to arctic zone of remorseless fields of ice and glaciers.
- Around wonderful Thyangboche with breathtaking panorama of Everest range of peaks.
Everest View Trekking, a short and swift adventure with glimpse of world highest Mt. Everest on this beautiful scenic walks to Thyangboche Monastery, surrounded by lovely alpine woodland and mountains.
Everest View Trekking, a journey suitable for all age groups including family, school / collage groups and corporate executives with ample time to enjoy fresh clean mountain air in the harmony of local Sherpa Buddhist culture and giant peaks.
A delightful holiday of a week duration walks, starting with scenic short flight from Kathmandu to land at small unique airstrip in Luka, the gateway Sherpa town for all types of adventure and cultural walks around high Khumbu valley within the shade of Everest.
Walk begins towards Dudh Kosi River valley and gorge entering into nice cool alpine forest exploring Sherpa farm villages and then into Sagarmatha National Park, (Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepali while Sherpa calls as Chomlungma of Tibetan origin).
Entering into National Park listed as World Heritage Sites since 1979 protecting its endangered vegetations and wild-life, where walk leads up to famous Namche Bazaar an exciting village to stay as well for acclimatization at 3,440 m high.
From Namche after a pleasant stop where walk leads higher with scenic views along the walks to reach on the highest spot of the adventure at Thyangboche, situated at 3,867 m high offering grand vista of Mt. Everest and surrounding mountains with majestic Amadablam.
At Thyangboche visit its famous and impressive monastery treasured with ancient artifacts and idols of Buddha and other great saints and guardian angels then our route leads back to Lukla on downhill with visit around quiet and sleepy Khumjung and Khunde villages, located on a beautiful glacial valley.
With enjoyable tour of Khumjung monastery where you can witness a scalp believed to be of Yeti, and then descend towards Namche and back at Lukla where this marvelous adventure Everest View Trekking concludes with a scenic flight to Kathmandu.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : Fly to Lukla 2,820m (35 min) and trek to Phakding 2,610 m - 03 hrs.
- Day 3 : Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 4 : Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
- Day 5 : Trek to Thyangboche Monastery 3,867 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 6 : Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs via Khumjung and Khunde village 3,645 m.
- Day 7 : Trek to Lukla - 06 hrs with afternoon at leisure.
- Day 8 : Fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotel.
- Day 9 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private/local
- Accommodation in Kathmandu three star hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house runs by local people during trek.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter
- All necessary paper and trekking permits
- Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu air fare.
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Fly to Lukla 2,820m (35 min) and trek to Phakding 2,610 m - 03 hrs.
Morning depart from the hotel to Kathmandu domestic airport for exciting and scenic flight of 35 minutes to land at Lukla, a Sherpa town where all treks and adventure starts and ends around Everest and high Khumbu region.
From Lukla a gradual walks to begin with short downs and ups and then on winding trail past nice farm villages of Sherpa enriched with Buddhism religion and culture as you encounter rows of Mani (prayer)monuments and large spinning bells.
Slowly our pleasant first day walks completes reaching at Phakding a moderate size village with many good lodges for overnight stay nearby glacial Dudh Koshi River.
Day 3 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today walk leads to famous Namche Bazaar where altitude gains as walk progress, morning walk starts following the river and crossing several times to reach at Monjo village near Sagarmatha National Park entrance, from here walking on river valley and gorge covered within nice woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and fir trees.
After crossing a high last bridge with few hours climb to Namche Bazaar with stunning views of Everest-Lhotse and Kongde peaks.
Namche Bazaar at 4,440 m high an ideal place for rest day to acclimatize, the main town / village of Khumbu where colorful and exciting Saturday market takes place once a week.
Day 4 Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Rest day for acclimatization before heading higher terrain, morning after breakfast with options for hike to Everest View Hotel or walk on top of Namche, where you can catch super landscapes scenery with Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam with series of high peaks, here enjoy visiting National Park Museum provides you with much information of Khumbu region, Sherpa history-culture-flora and fauna including detail on mountaineering.
Day 5 Trek to Thyangboche Monastery 3,867 m - 05 hrs.
Enjoying pleasant time at Namche, morning walk leads to scenic and gradual walks overlooking Everest and other giant peaks, as our route leads downhill to Imjatse river at Phunki Tenga, a small place with few lodges an ideal spot for refreshing break or lunch stop.
Afternoon walk leads uphill into enchanting alpine forest to reach a beautiful surrounding at
Thyangboche Monastery offering grand panorama of mountains with Everest and Amadablam at close distance, here with time for tour into monastery and witness monks and priest on
Thyangboche also holds a ‘Mani-Rimdu’ a colorful religious festival where monks with mask dancing wading evil spirits which falls in the month of October as per Buddhist lunar calendar.
Day 6 Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs via Khumjung and Khunde village 3,645 m.
On enjoying fabulous scenic time at Thyangboche with Everest views walk leads on downhill to Phunki Tenga with climb for an hour to reach a small place at Sanasa on route to Namche.
From here our route diverts heading towards another scenic spot at Khumjung and Khunde village located on a glacial valley, as walk leads to short ups to reach at Khumjung one of the largest village within Khumbu area.
Khumjung a pleasant peaceful village facing views of Everest-Amadablam and Tharmasarku with other range of peaks.
At Khumjung visits its old monastery the only place treasures a scalp believed to be of Yeti, where visitors and witness with some donation, from here walk on gradual up to Khunde another close village within the valley, and visit its only hospital built by late Edmund Hillary and its Himalayan Trust and Foundation.
After a refreshing stop with super views of Everest and adjoining peaks, a nice walk leads you downhill with aerial views of Namche Bazaar, slowly ending the day walks at Namche for overnight stop.
Day 7 Trek to Lukla - 06 hrs with afternoon at leisure.
Our last day walk of the adventure where trek follows on the same trail back to Lukla past Monjo, Phakding and Ghat villages crossing few times over Dudh Kosi, with last final climb to reach Lukla town for last overnight stop around high scenic Khumbu and Everest region.
Day 8 Fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotel.
Morning transfer to Lukla Tenzing and Hillary airport for sweeping short flight to Kathmandu facing scenic views of mountains, green scenery of hills and farm fields with nice villages and towns as flight lands at Kathmandu airport and then back to your hotel, with free afternoon to relax of great memorable adventure to Thyangboche Monastery with Everest View Trek.
Day 9 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Everest View Trek with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for homeward bound or to your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Trip Code : #Everest3
- Trip Grade : Moderate with touch of high altitude
- Max Altitude : At Thyangboche Monastery 3, 867 m.
- Min Altitude : 1350m
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 09 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-10
- Walking Per Day : 5-6 Hrs.
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house
- Accomodation: On Hotels and Lodge on treks.
- Best Season : Nearly months of the year, except monsoon times of June to August March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear morning for walks and views.
- Entry : Lukla
- Exit : Lukla