Everest Gokyo Lake Trek
‘adventure to scenic view points around Gokyo Lake and on top high Gokyo-Ri’
- Adventure into beautiful Gokyo valley and its simmering pristine glacial lakes.
- Scenic, sweeping flights to and from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu with super mountain views.
- Walking into lovely cultural Sherpa villages adorned with prayer walls and spinning bells.
- Daily views of high snow capped peaks on walks to scenic Gokyo Valley and Ngozumba Glacier. Explore Sherpa village enriched with Buddhist religions and its interesting monasteries.
- From green alpine woodland to arctic zone of remorseless fields of ice and glaciers.
- On top high Gokyo Ri with breathtaking panorama of peaks with Everest at close distance.
Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking, an adventure on quiet and peaceful trails to reach high Gokyo valley and its beautiful glacial lakes with reflection of high Cho-Oyu peaks, this wonderful spot once a summer pasture for Yak grazing.
At present one of the most desired destinations for trekking and other high adventure located in between high passes of Cho-la and Renjo-la facing magnificent views of surrounding peaks with world’s 6th highest Mt. Cho-Oyu which towers at 8,201 m and 26,906 ft high, straddles the border of Tibet and Nepal.
Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking, starts taking a swift short flight to reach at Lukla from the capital Kathmandu, Lukla the gateway to many treks and adventure around high Khumbu within Everest region.
As walk progress heading past lovely farm villages of Phakding-Monjo-Jorsalle to enter Sagarmatha National Park (Sagarmatha for Everest in Nepal while Sherpa from Tibetan origin calls as Chomolungma), our route leads into heavily wooded forest of pines and rhododendron trees facing awesome views of snow capped peaks of Kongde and Thermasarkhu to reach at high Namche Bazaar.
At Namche with rest days taking short hike to support with acclimatization before heading higher areas at Gokyo Valley. From Namche onwards our route diverts from the main trekking trails heading further north into least visited areas by few trekkers.
Walking into gorge of Dudh Kosi River covered within thick alpine forest and then the country opens up into a wide scenic valley at Gokyo with its number of glacial lakes encountering first and second to reach the third main lake, where Gokyo Lake or Dudh Kund situated.
At Gokyo with time to immerse with scenic views of peaks and climb on top Gokyo Ri 5, 357 m high, overlooking super panorama of worlds four highest mountains Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu with Makalu towards east with many lesser peaks.
After an enjoyable and adventurous walks with amazing panorama of mountains walk leads back on downhill to Namche Bazaar to reach at Lukla town for sweeping smooth flight to reach at Kathmandu with mesmerizing adventure and experience on Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 : Fly to Lukla 2,820m (35 min) and trek to Phakding 2,610 m - 03 hrs.
- Day 3 : Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 4 : Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
- Day 5 : Trek to Dole 4,110 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 6 : Trek to Machherma 4,470m - 04 hrs.
- Day 7 : Trek to Gokyo 4,800m -04 hrs.
- Day 8 : At Gokyo for hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 9 : Trek back to Dole - 06 hrs.
- Day 10 : Trek to Namche Bazaar -06 hrs.
- Day 11 : Trek to Lukla - 06 hrs with afternoon at leisure.
- Day 12 : Fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotel.
- Day 13 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private/local
- Accommodation in Kathmandu three star hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- All additional government and local taxes.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter
- All necessary paper and trekking permits
- Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu air fare.
- Farewell dinner in a Nepalese restaurant on your last evening in Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport, received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Fly to Lukla 2,820m (35 min) and trek to Phakding 2,610 m - 03 hrs.
Morning depart from the hotel to Kathmandu domestic airport for exciting and scenic flight of 35 minutes to land at Lukla, a Sherpa town where all treks and adventure starts and ends around Everest and high Khumbu region.
From Lukla, a gradual walks to begin with short downs and ups and then on winding trail past nice farm villages of Sherpa enriched with Buddhism religion and culture as you encounter rows of Mani (prayer)monuments and large spinning bells.
Slowly our pleasant first day walk completes reaching at Phakding a moderate size village with many good lodges for overnight stay nearby glacial Dudh Kosi River.
Day 3 Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today walk leads to famous Namche Bazaar where altitude gains as walk progress, morning walk starts following the river and crossing several times to reach at Monjo village near Sagarmatha National Park entrance. From here walking on river valley and gorge covered within nice woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and fir trees.
After crossing a high last bridge, with few hours climb to Namche Bazaar with stunning views of Everest-Lhotse and Kongde peaks.
Namche Bazaar at 4,440 m high, an ideal place for rest day to acclimatize, the main town / village of Khumbu where colorful and exciting Saturday market takes place once a week.
Day 4 Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Rest day for acclimatization before heading higher terrain, morning after breakfast with options for hike to Everest View Hotel or walk on top of Namche, where you can catch super landscapes scenery with Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam and other series of high peaks. Here enjoy visiting National Park, Museum which provides you with much information of Khumbu region, Sherpa history-culture-flora and fauna including detail on mountaineering.
Day 5 Trek to Dole 4,110 m - 06 hrs.
From Namche Bazaar, walk leads on gradual scenic path with uphill to reach at Mong Hill with few houses serving as Tea-House and Lodge with fantastic views of peaks, from here downhill to Phortse Tenga near Dudh Kosi within forested area.
With possible lunch stop, afternoon walk leads to a climb into rhododendron, pines, fir forest with grand views of snowcapped peaks.
After few hours climb reaching at Dole at 4,110 m high a moderate size settlement with good lodges to stay.
Day 6 Trek to Machherma 4,470m - 04 hrs.
After Dole, walk on high trail for an hour to Lhabarma Kharka at 4,325 m and Luza at 4,390m; then skirting around a ridge with views of Machherma, situated below on a small valley, walk downhill to Machherma for lunch and overnight stop.
Here after lunch rest of the afternoon free for acclimatization and short hike with views of Mt. Cho Oyo 8,210m and other mountains flanking above Ngozumba Glacier.
Day 7 Trek to Gokyo 4,800m -04 hrs.
Morning walk leads to Gokyo Lake following a scenic trail to Pangka 4,545m, then climb on rocky path into ablation valley passing first lake and then second lakes, to reach a third lake called Dudh Pokhari or Gokyo Lake.
This beautiful area within Gokyo at 4,790 meters high, after lunch short walk around lake with views of Mt. Cho Oyo world’s 06th highest and Gyachung Kang that reflects on emerald Gokyo Lake.
Day 8 At Gokyo for hike to Gokyo-Ri 5,357 m - 04 hrs.
Free day at scenic Gokyo valley and its beautiful glacial lakes, where morning climb of few hours leads you to the highest point of the adventure on top Gokyo Ri at 5,357 m high, offering tremendous panorama from Mt. Cho-Oyu, Mt. Everest, Lhotse and of Mt. Makalu covering four world highest mountains at one glance with series of smaller peaks.
Enjoying views of grand peaks with massive Ngozumba Glacier and then down to Gokyo for lunch with rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Day 9 Trek back to Dole - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful and exciting time around Gokyo valley and its beautiful lakes, morning easier walk downhill to reach back at Dole, as walk leads along with wonderful views and then heading backing into tree lines at Dole for overnight stop.
Day 10 Trek to Namche Bazaar -06 hrs.
From Dole walk leads down with short climb to Mong ridge and then a long descend to reach at main trekking trail near Sanasa and Kyanjima village with views of Amadablam at close distance, after a refreshing stop a nice walk leads you at Namche for overnight stop.
Day 11 Trek to Lukla - 06 hrs with afternoon at leisure.
Our last day walk of the adventure where trek follows on the same trail back to Lukla past
Monjo, Phakding and Ghat villages crossing few times over Dudh Kosi, with last final climb to reach Lukla town for last overnight stop around high scenic Khumbu and Everest region.
Day 12 Fly to Kathmandu and then transfer to your hotel.
Morning transfer to Lukla Tenzing and Hillary airport for sweeping short flight to Kathmandu facing scenic views of mountains, green scenery of hills and farm fields with nice villages and towns as flight lands at Kathmandu airport and then back to your hotel, with free afternoon to relax of great memorable adventure on Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Day 13 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Everest Gokyo Lake Trek with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for homeward bound or to your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Trip Code : #Everest2
- Trip Grade : Moderate to Adventurous.
- Max Altitude : On top Gokyo Ri 5, 357 m high.
- Min Altitude : 1350m.
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 13 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-10
- Walking Per Day : 5-6
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house
- Accomodation: On Hotels and Lodge on treks.
- Best Season : March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear morning for walks and views, and from Mid-September to December months.
- Entry : Lukla
- Exit : Lukla