Annapurna Circuit Trek
‘adventure around massif Annapurna Himalaya and crossing high and scenic Thorang-la pass’
- Adventure and exciting walks around massif Annapurna Himalaya range of mountains.
- Trekking into high and scenic Manang valley enclosed within high Chulus and Annapurna peaks.
- Walking from low warm areas to cooler green hills unto arctic zone of ice and glaciers at Manang.
- Explore impressive high Manang villages and old monasteries of great interest with marvelous scenery.
- Enchanting woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-pines and fir tree lines to barren scenic country.
- Crossing highest point of the adventure over Thorang-la pass facing breathtaking panorama of peaks.
- Journey into world deepest gorge of Kaligandaki River between Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalaya.
- Enjoy 360° wide panorama of mountain range with stunning sunrise views from scenic Poon Hill.
- Completing trekking at picturesque Pokhara blessed with natural wonders of mountains and lakes.
Annapurna Circuit Trekking, where you will be in the midst of high towering peaks of Annapurna and Chulus enjoying great adventure of a life-time experience within both sides of massive Annapurna Himalaya range of mountains.
Annapurna Circuit Trekking leads you to Nepal’s North Mid to Far West Himalaya with ever present panorama of high peaks, entering into cool alpine woodland covered with tall rhododendron, (national flower of Nepal) magnolia, pines, oaks and fir trees and exploring nice mountain villages Jagat, Dharapani, Chame (headquarter town of Manang) to reach scenic Manang high valley.
A marvelous walks around Annapurna, listed as world’s best top ten adventure destinations by various travel magazines, travel guide books including popular Lonely Planet, truly a great picturesque place in whole Himalaya and as well on this planet.
Besides its scenic magnificent panorama of mountains, the culture-traditions and customs of the mountain; people are equally captivating interwoven with Buddhism religion with old monasteries of great interest, where you will have time to witness its local impressive traditional colorful customs.
Starting with exciting overland journey from Kathmandu to reach low warm valley of Nepal Mid-West around Lamjung area, where walk follows raging Marysangdi River right up to Manang near its glacial source.
Walk leads into nice villages within forested area to enter into windswept Manang valley enclosed within peaks of Annapurna and Chulus, exploring its traditional Tibetan style villages and interesting old monasteries then heading over high Thorang-la pass facing stunning panorama of mountains with Dhaulagiri range.
Downhill from Thorang-la to reach Mustang areas at Muktinath, a holy site for both Hindu and Buddhist religions, where walk leads into wide river valley of Kaligandaki at Jomsom (headquarter town of Mustang district).
From Jomsom, walking on old Trans Himalayan Salt Trade Route of Nepal and Tibet and then reaching at charming Marpha village famous for delicious apples and its products, where journey leads through world deepest gorge of Kaligandaki River to reach at low warmer Tatopani village with natural hot spring to refresh you.
After Tatopani heading uphill to Ghorepani village within beautiful rhododendron forest where a hike takes you to scenic Poon Hill for sweeping panorama views of Dhaulagiri-Annapurna-Manaslu with magnificent Machhapuchare Himal with stunning sunrise.
Our adventure slowly comes to an end walking downhill to lower warmer farm areas where an interesting drive reaches at picturesque Pokhara, a famous and popular touristic city blessed with natural beauty, where our memorable and fascinating adventure Annapurna Circuit completes.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel 1350m.
- Day 2 : Drive Kathmandu to Beshisahar 760 m - 7hrs.
- Day 3 : Drive Beshisahar to Chame 2,720 m (on local jeep) - 04 hrs.
- Day 4 : Trek Chame to Pisang 3,190m - 05 hrs.
- Day 5 : Trek Pisang to Manang 3,540 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 6 : At Manang for acclimatization day with short hike.
- Day 7 : Trek Manang to Yak Kharka 4,210m - 04 hrs.
- Day 8 : Trek Yak Kharka to Thorang- La High Camp or Phedi 4,450 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 9 : Cross Thorang La 5,416 m / 17,769 ft and descend to Muktinath 3,800 m- 07 hrs.
- Day 10 : Trek to Marpha 2,670 m via Jomsom 2,715 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 11 : Drive Marpha to Tatopani village (hot-spring) 1,190 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 12 : Trek Tatopani to Ghorepani 2,860 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 13 : Hike to Poon Hill and trek to Tikhedhunga 1,440 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 14 : Trek Thikkhedhunga to Bhirethati / Nayapul - 03 hrs and drive to Pokhara 860 m - 02 hrs.
- Day 15 : Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu and then transfer to the hotels.
- Day 16 : Depart for your next destination.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary private / local
- Beshisahar to Chame and Marpha to Tatopani local jeep / bus as per itinerary
- Kathmandu and Pokhara accommodation in three star hotels with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in tea house and meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on trek.
- Experience trekking guide and porters on trek.
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of the trek guides and porters.
- First aid, medical kit and Oximeter
- All necessary paper and trekking permits
- Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu transport by Tourist coach.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Travelers insurance (Compulsory)
- Cold drinks, mineral water, lunch and dinner as per itinerary.
- Tip to staffs.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel 1350m.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport, received by our guide and staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city.
First check into your hotel rooms after getting refreshed from the flight, where our expert guides will inform regarding hotels, trekking, local lodge and overland drives with do’s and dont’s information.
Day 2 Drive Kathmandu to Beshisahar 760 m - 7hrs.
Morning depart from Kathmandu for interesting drive to Nepal Mid-West area, leading you on countries most busy highway with views of high mountains and green landscapes, as drive heads encountering towns and farm villages to reach at Beshisahar, after a turn off from Kathmandu and Pokhara highway.
On reaching Beshisahar from Dumre town transfer to local lodge with free afternoon to browse around the streets and markets of Beshisahar, a large and headquarter town of Lamjung district close to raging Masrsyangdi Rivers that flows from high Manang valley and glaciers.
Day 3 Drive Beshisahar to Chame 2,720 m (on local jeep) - 04 hrs.
In the morning, from Besisahar taking a local jeep drive following Marysangdi River to reach at Syange village with views of wonderful waterfalls nearby.
From Syange drive continues with climb leaving Marysangdi River behind to reach Jagat village, a farm village with many lodges for trekkers. After Jagat walk leads on winding path to Chamje, and back at Marysangdi River crossing to east side into forested area, with super views of Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges.
As drive continues reaching a nice village at Tal Besi, from here little hour drive leads to Chame town for overnight stop past at Dharapani village, located on the midway of Annapurna circuit and Manaslu trekking trail.
From Dharapani drive leads into rhododendron and pine forest passing villages of Bagachap and Danque, then at Ratamanang village with more Buddhist cultured village including views of Mt. Manaslu 8,163m / 26,781ft. From here an hour ride takes you to Koto and then at Chame town for overnight stop, Chame a large major town of Manang area and a head quarter town of the district.
Day 4 Trek Chame to Pisang 3,190m - 05 hrs.
From Chame onwards walk leads close to mountains through alpine forests of rhododendron and pine trees, following Masrsyangdi River upstream with short ups and down hills to Bhratang village. From Bhratang village walk follows uphill through alpine woodland to Dhukure Pokhari ,a small place with few teahouses and lodges, overlooking Chulu’s and Pisang peak with possible lunch stop, and then descends to lower Pisang village for overnight stop.
Day 5 Trek Pisang to Manang 3,540 m - 05 hrs.
Morning views of mountains; from here onward altitude gains as the walk leads through forest with short uphill and views of Annapurna II and III, Gangapurna Chulu’s and Pisang peak.
Walk downhill to reach flat valley at Hongde village, from here onward tree lines fades for barren, arid landscapes with cold, dry arctic climate.
Before Manang, visit old Braga monastery with old Buddhist relics, ancient wall painting and frescos and stunning views of Annapurna Himalaya, from here an hour walk reaches at Manang village.
Day 6 At Manang for acclimatization day with short hike.
A necessary rest day at Manang for acclimatization before reaching higher areas to Thorang-la pass, in Manang short hike around Manang village, this is a large village situated on windswept valley by the bank of Marysangdi River below Annapurna and Gangapurna mountain range, a nice walk uphill for views of Gangapurna Glacier and Manang glacial Lake.
Day 7 Trek Manang to Yak Kharka 4,210m - 04 hrs.
After a good rest at Manang, walk towards Ghunsang village with short uphill to reach at Yak Kharka, an interesting walk with views of snow-capped mountains, on crossing a small stream reaching Yak Kharka for overnight stop, a small settlement with views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks.
Day 8 Trek Yak Kharka to Thorang- La High Camp or Phedi 4,450 m - 04 hrs.
Morning walk leads to more high elevation getting closer at the base of Thorang-la. After crossing a bridge with a climb along the river bank of Jarjung, finally walk leads at Thorang Phedi, here depending upon the physical conditions of the clients, if all goes well an hour steep climb to Thorang High Camp for overnight stop.
Day 9 Cross Thorang La 5,416 m / 17,769 ft and descend to Muktinath 3,800 m- 07 hrs.
One of the highlight of the adventure, after early breakfast walk leads to a long climb to Thorang-la on steep winding path to reach Thorang La Pass at 5,416 m / 17,700 ft.
The highest point of the adventure with views of snow-capped peaks, and then with long descends to reach at holy Muktinath around Lower Mustang area.
On reaching Muktinath for overnight stop, a holy spot for both Hindus and Buddhists the word Muktinath literally means ‘the place for Nirvana or Liberation’.
Day 10 Trek to Marpha 2,670 m via Jomsom 2,715 m - 06 hrs.
From holy areas of Muktinath a pleasant morning walk on downhill with big drop of 1,200m to Kaligandaki river valley, and to Jomsom headquarter town of Mustang region with a small airstrip above Kaligandaki River.
From Jomsom few hours walk reaches at Marpha, one of the most charming villages of all Himalaya regions with whitewashed houses, paved streets and numerous well kept lodges.
Here celebrate with local apple products like cider, brandy and juice this area from Kagbeni to Larjung is famous for its delicious apple and its product.
Day 11 Drive Marpha to Tatopani village (hot-spring) 1,190 m - 04 hrs.
From Marpha taking a drive to reach lower areas at Tatopani village facing views of Dhaulagiri range, drive leads towards wide Kaligandaki River leaving behind windswept landscapes and heading past Mustang area, following Kaligandaki River downstream to reach at attractive Tatopani a village famous for its natural hot spring.
Before Tatopani, drive leads past world deepest gorge of Kaligandaki River situated between giant peaks of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalaya, on reaching this nice village with time to enjoy a dip in the hot spring.
Day 12 Trek Tatopani to Ghorepani 2,860 m - 06 hrs.
After Tatopani, walk continues crossing a bridge over Kaligandaki River and then our route diverts heading uphill on terraced hillside, dotted with farms and villages, after a steep section through dense alpine forest reaching at Chitre and to Ghorepani- village with super views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South and Vara-Shikar also known Annapurna Fang.
Day 13 Hike to Poon Hill and trek to Tikhedhunga 1,440 m - 05 hrs.
Early before sunrise hike to the top at Pun Hill to catch the striking sunrise over range of Himalayan peaks of world 7th highest Dhaulagiri-10th highest Annapurna with range of peaks includes world 8th highest Manaslu with towering Machhapuchare peak “Fish Tail”.
After an enjoyable and exciting time with eye catching views from Poon Hill, head back to Ghorepani and continue downhill walk into lovely forested area for an hour and then reaching at Ulleri village with long descend to Tikhedhunga for overnight stop in warmer areas.
Day 14 Trek Thikkhedhunga to Bhirethati / Nayapul - 03 hrs and drive to Pokhara 860 m - 02 hrs.
Our last day walk leads through farm fields to a charming village at Bhirethati with gradual winding walk overlooking scenery of landscapes and then ending our final trek with downhill to Bhirethati a scenic spot situated on a gorge of Modi River offering views of Machhapuchare Himal the Fish Tail.
From here our walks concludes with a short drive back to picturesque Pokhara by the Phewa lake side.
Day 15 Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu and then transfer to the hotels.
Morning transfer either on car or coach as well taking a tourist bus (depending upon the group size ), where interesting overland journey brings you back at Kathmandu with scenic views of mountains, green scenery of hills and farm fields within nice villages and towns as drive brings leads into hustle and bustle city life of Kathmandu.
On reaching Kathmandu transfer to your respective hotels with time for individual activities and shopping souvenirs.
Day 16 Depart for your next destination.
Last day in Nepal after a wonderful experience and adventure on Annapurna Circuit trekking with great service of Lhasso Adventure, and as per your international flight then transfer to Kathmandu international airport for your respective destinations.
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Trip Code : #Annapurna2
- Trip Grade : Moderate to Adventurous.
- Max Altitude : On crossing Thorang-La Pass at 5, 416 m high.
- Min Altitude : 760m.
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 16 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Group Size : 2-10
- Walking Per Day : 5-7 Hours
- Trek/Tour style : Tea house
- Accomodation: Hotels and Lodge on treks.
- Best Season : March to May when wild-flowers are in season with clear morning for walks and views, with Mid-September to December months.
- Entry : Beshisahar
- Exit : Nayapul