Markha Valley Trek
Markha valley, situated in Ladaak is one of the popular trekking regions in Ladaak. This trip offers scenic views of snow-capped peaks, high altitude pastureland and diverse landscape. This trip springs a chance to get familiarized with magical and remote Buddhist Kingdom of Ladaak.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Delhi
- Day 2 : Flight to Leh
- Day 3 : Sightseeing in Leh
- Day 4 : Drive to Zingchen and Trek to Yurutse
- Day 5 : Yurutse to Skiu
- Day 6 : Skiu to Markha
- Day 7 : Markha to Thachungtse
- Day 8 : Thachungtse to Nimaling
- Day 9 : Trek to Shamshungdo and drive to Leh
- Day 10 : Flight from Leh to Delhi
- Day 11 : Departure from Delhi
- Airport pick up and drop off on a tourist vehicle in Delhi and Leh
- Twin-sharing accommodation in A-class standard hotel in Leh (4 nights only) and in 3-star hotel in Delhi (2 nights only)
- Breakfast on non-trekking days and all three meals on trekking days
- Two-person 4-season alpine tents during the trek (5 nights only)
- All ground transportation for sightseeing and transfers by tourist vehicle
- An experienced and qualified English-speaking local Ladakhi trekking guide
- Complete trek arrangements with a very good cook, helpers, nice comfortable 2-men alpine trekking tents, comfortable mattresses, tables/stools, toilet tents, kitchen cum dining tent (Members will have to bring their own personal 4-season sleeping bags.)
- Mules/horses for carrying member luggage and camping equipment’s (Luggage allowance is max 8-10 kg per person.)
- Camping fee en-route and monastery entrances
- Hemis High Altitude National Park entrance fee
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch and dinner during non-trekking days in Delhi and Leh.
- International airfare, and Delhi-Leh-Delhi domestic airfare.
- Travel insurance that covers rescue and evacuation (Compulsory)
- Extra costs for transfers and hotel stay due to flight cancellation
- Any other sightseeing activity which is not mentioned in the itinerary
- India entry visa fees
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks
- Personal trekking equipment (See the Equipment tab)
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected)
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the Cost Includes section
Day 1 Arrival in Delhi
After arriving Indira Gandhi Int’l airport, you will be warmly welcomed by our Office Representative and will be transferred to the hotel. Our staff will briefly explain you about the programs after refreshment. Then, you can rest in hotel and prepare for the tomorrow flight.
Day 2 Flight to Leh
Early morning you will have a flight to Leh, one of the most exotic bazar of Asia, taking the pleasure of scenic views of Himalayas and Tibetan plateau. You will be welcomed by Ladaki greeting “Julay! Julay! ”. Then you will be transferred to the hotel comfortably.
Day 3 Sightseeing in Leh
After breakfast, you will visit ancient monasteries of Leh including Shey Gompa, Deldyan Namgyal, Dresthang Gompa and Thiksey Gompa. We will also visit 1000 year old painting of Alchi Monastery, Likir Monastery, Magnetic Hill and Military Hall of Fame. Then drive back to hotel.
Day 4 Drive to Zingchen and Trek to Yurutse
After breakfast you will drive to Zingchen, west of Leh and then start trek to Yurutse. The trail ascends gradually from Zingchen valley along the Rumbak Nala Until you reach Rumbak village. Then we will follow well marked trail on the left bank of Rumbak Nala passing through the cultivated field and scattered houses. We will stay overnight there in tents.
Day 5 Yurutse to Skiu
Early in the morning we start to ascend Ganda La pass (4985m). the top of the Pass dotted with Tibetan flag prayers where one can have a spectacular view of Stok Kangri Massif and surrounding valley. Then the trail descends to tiny village of Shingo and the trail heads into a narrow gorge leading towards Skiu village. Stay overnight in Skiu village.
Day 6 Skiu to Markha
Today we hike up to Markha valley and cross numerous streams enjoying the pleasant weather. It is the longest valley and this will also be the longest trek. We end up the trek enjoying beautiful oasis, small irrigation canal along with a visit to a small monastery. After reaching Markha, we have an option of staying in a village homestay in Markha or in our tents for the night.
Day 7 Markha to Thachungtse
Today we pass through old stone-mills, a ruined castle and the auspicious monastery of Techa and then intersects the river several times. We will have our first view of mighty Mt. Kang Yatse(6400m) after leading the village of Umlung. We then pass through Kongmaru La and village of Hangkar until we reach the lovely green pasture of Thachungste (4100m), where we will camp for the night.
Day 8 Thachungtse to Nimaling
Early in the morning after breakfast we will follow a trail that will lead us up to the beautiful plateau of Nimaling. Nimaling is the highest camp (4600m) on the trek where we can enjoy spectacular views of the huge peak Kang Yatse to the right and series of mani walls and chortens en route. Overnight in tents.
Day 9 Trek to Shamshungdo and drive to Leh
Crossing to the north of the Markha, climb to the top of the Kangmaru La Pass where we will see snow peaks in every direction including Karakoran and K2. Then we descend steeply to the head of the Martselang valley and follow the Martselang stream to the village of Sumdo. You will be picked up by tourist vehicle which will drive to Leh(55km)
Day 10 Flight from Leh to Delhi
Early in the morning, take a flight (1 hour and 20 minutes) from Leh to Delhi. The rest of the day is for you to rest or you can visit local markets of Delhi.
Day 11 Departure from Delhi
The trip ends today. You will be transferred to the airport and take a flight to your destination
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire, Club Member
Hard liner of Bahun-bad – Oli, Khanal and Nepal. Three political leaders are responssible for unrest in the country. Why these bahun leaders do not want giving rights to other communities ?
Leave a Reply
" Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Write a Review
- Trip Code : #indiaT1
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : 5100 m
- Activities: Trekking
- No of Trip Days: 11 Days
- Group Size : 3 to 12
- Walking Per Day : 5 to 6 hours
- Trek/Tour style : Camping
- Meals : Full Board on trekking
- Best Season : March-May, September-November
- Entry : Delhi
- Exit : Delhi